Fuckin' mut | John Shelby

'Fuckin' mut | John Shelby'

•••••

YOU FEEL YOUR HUSBAND'S CHEST MOVE UP AND DOWN with each relaxing breath he takes. Laying down peacefully in a field, you both glance over at the children every now and then, your head on his stomach as he's on his back, hands behind his head as he mainly stares at the sky. The soft chirping of crickets flowing out of the long grass along with the giggling of your children.

"S'pose they're gonna want food in a minute." He playfully complains.

"Well it is nearly lunch." You chuckle and sure enough Jimmy and Ethan, Jimmy being the oldest and Ethan being your second youngest, make their way over, little Rosie following behind with Flo.

Jimmy is seven, although acts as though he's a full grown man, cheeky just like his father and confident too. After him came now 5 year old Rosie, your first little princess, she's a shy, timid thing and has John completely wrapped around her little finger. Not long after Rosie Ethan was born, now considering how Jimmy turned out you were preparing yourself for another outgoing, cocky little boy but when Ethan came he followed in Rosie's footsteps. Ethan being your not so typical lad but a gentle and delicate 4 year old, his purity is something you wish to treasure and hold onto. Flo is wild, there's no other word for her, she embraces the gypsy in her that's for sure. She is known as your wild child, and although John bows down to her for different reasons than he does to Rosie, he loves all four of his children.

"Sit, sit, sit, sit." John waves his hands around, urging the children to stop bouncing around like yo-yos and to decide on a spot on the blanket.

"Mum?" Ethan quietly gathers your attention as you twist your head round to look at him. "My-My glasses have broke." 

A very upset and disheartened Ethan holds out his glasses in the palm of his hands, kneeling down next to you as he displays them.

"That's alright, precious, we'll get you new ones." You soothingly whisper as you wink at him.

"Jimmy, be Ethan's eyes in the mean time, ya hear? I don't want him gettin' no injuries or nothin'." John instructs, Jimmy taking the role very seriously as he guides Ethan to sit down.

"Bloody hell his visions blurred not non existent, all I meant was objects and that." Chucking at his oldest, John rams half of a triangular ham sandwich into his mouth as he is now laying on his side, Rosie sat beside him as Flo is off to the side attempting to give her sandwich to the dog, Peaky.

"Flo for fuck sake, darlin' that's your lunch." With a roll of his eyes, John rises from his comfortable position as he tries to chase after the dog, the brown bag containing Flo's sandwich being held cockily in its mouth as it runs from him.

"We share your's daddy." Flo suggest as she tucks into the other half of John's sandwich.

"Apparently so." You giggle as John sits closer to you, red faced and out of breath as he holds the dishevelled bag, slobber and teeth marks present.

"You enjoyin' that?" John teasingly asks his youngest.

"Very much, Daddy." She happily grins at him, sitting legs crossed.

"Oh good, I'm glad." He sarcastically replies as laughs at Flo who is happily consuming his sandwich.

"Do you wanna share my sandwich?" You whisper in to John's ear playfully as you laugh, feeling like a pair of kids flirting at lunch time.