A Thousand Hearts | John Shelby

'A Thousand Hearts | John Shelby'

•••••

This was requested by a reader who I will tag in the comments and who I'm very happy to have received a request by as I don't get many that actually
motivate me to write them, I hope this is satisfactory! ❤️

•••••

To You, My Dear John,

I'll start with, John Micheal Shelby if you aren't keeping yourself safe I will happily get rid of your coin collection and buy myself a new dress, which you know isn't true but my God let it motivate you anyway.

I can't do it. Not anymore. John I want you here with me, I'm sick of the war. Sick of it all, the lonely nights when I look beside me and see your spot of the bed empty. I miss all the socks that used to be lying about no matter how much I moaned about you not putting them away properly. I miss not knowing that you're safe and going to stagger through the front door at God knows what time in the morning. I miss your touch, your voice and overall I just miss you. I'm sorry this letter is short but the kids don't have off switches, in fact the baby is stirring right now.

I can't do it. Not anymore. But I will Johnny, just for you.

With the love of a thousand hearts,

Your Y/n.

•••••

Dear my beautiful missus,

I'm not as good at writing as you are, you seem to always write so perfectly, you always know what to put and what to say. But you're not actually saying anything are you, it's all words on paper. It frustrates me, I want to hear you speak, I want to hear the children speak, even the baby's horrific made up bollucks, I want it all.

I'm alright as long as you and kids are.

Don't stop writing to me, it keeps me going.

Love you,

Your husband, and don't you forget it you cheeky mare, John.

•••••

To You, My Dear John,

You haven't got to say much in these letters, just to see your name signed on the bottom is enough. I've told you many times before that you can write when you put your heart into it and love, that's also what you need to do to make sure you come back to us, me and the kids.

We are all safe, Finn's even been playing with our lot, no matter how many times before he has claimed they're too young for him and that playing war is a child's game.

But war isn't a child's game, not anymore, now it's every man and every boys burden.

My dear you shouldn't get frustrated and view these letters as just words on paper. They are words for you, from me, from the bottom of my heart that is claimed by you and only you.

Keep safe, I beg you.

With the love of a thousand hearts,