Beach | John Shelby

'Beach | John Shelby'

•••••

•••••

"I'VE GOT YOU." JOHN REASSURES YOUR FIRST SON, 4 year old Jimmy, as they go deeper into the sea.

You grin as you watch him slide Jimmy off from his back, his little head just about staying above the water as he uses his dad to stand. With your 10 month old baby, Ethan, pressed comfortably to your chest as you cradle him, below waist deep in the sea, you plant a small kiss on his head as he sleeps comfortably. You hold hands with two year old Rosie as she softly kicks the water, an extremely adorable giggle leaving her lips every time.

"Kick, kick." John encourages with a grin as Jimmy gives it his all, using every ounce of energy he has to flap about in the water.

"Watch how the dog does it." He jokes as your family dog Peaky comes paddling beside the pair of them, his wet nose glistening above the surface.

"I can do it really well cant I, dad?" Jimmy asks proudly, panting since he's out of breath, yet again using his father to stay afloat.

"Mate it was fucking brilliant." John chuckles at his sons cockiness, clearly a trait he got from him. You watch the pair of them laugh together, their similar dirty blonde hair smeared to there forehead as they both send you lopsided grins.

Careful to not get Ethan cold, you wrap the thin blanket around him further, making sure not to get him wet as you stay at a waist height level.

"I'm going to go sit back down on the sand, alright?" You raise your voice slightly, hoping the boys will hear you over the waves.

"Alright." John nods, sending a wink your way as he almost lets Jimmy drown, the fear on your face causing him to look over at his son.

"Shittin' hell, Jim. Do ya fancy telling me when you're gonna give it another try?" John asks, hauling his son out of the water as he holds him up in the air.

"Sorry." He chokes out, rubbing the sting of salt out of his eyes.

"I'm going to watch you from the sand, Jimmy, you're doing very well already." You say, smiling at him as his chest puffs out ever so slightly, proud.

You chuckle quietly to yourself as you wade into knee shallow water, keeping a firm grip on Rosie, the sun shining down on your growing family, your red and frilly swimsuit dripping slightly down your subtly tanned legs. The water is clear for Margate and surprisingly warm, the sand is extremely hot meaning Jimmy ends up being carried by John over to your towels but John doesn't seem to mind.

Gently setting yourself down onto your towel, you get out the sun cream, making sure that your baby and toddler don'tget burnt and making a mental note to put more on the boys when they come back out of the water.

You settle Ethan into a position that you can keep him rested on your chest and hold a book in the other hand, softly reading to him and Rosie as he shifts now and then, his small chubby cheeks rubbing against the skin of your neck. Your swim costume has no straps and has a somewhat skirt, white polka dots are scattered evenly on it, Rosie in a similar costume, something that made John's heart warm ever so slightly.

After a little while of reading you see the boys come running out of the sea, John chasing after Jimmy as they both try to make it back to the sand. You put your book down and get your sun cream ready, putting it onto Rosie and readying yourself for the boys' protests.

"Oh god she's got the sun cream out." Jimmy squeals as him and his dad both come causally strolling over the sand, his face scrunching slightly as he tries to bare its heat.

"Suncreams important Jim." John reminds his son, getting a football and bouncing it on his knee as Jimmy sulks over to you.

He gasps at the coldness of it, making you laugh at him.

"Cold is it Jim?" You ask between giggles.

"Little bit." He giggles back, wiggling his toes in the sand as he sits infront of you while you apply the cream.

"Dads turn." Jimmy stands happily walking over to his dad as John drops the ball, shaking his head stubbornly.

"You said it yourself, suncreams important." You grin at him, squinting slightly as the sun beats down on you.

"Yeah for kids, I'm an adult." He argues back, crossing his arms.

"You're my husband and you'll do as you're told." You say sweetly, your thumb caressing Ethan's back as he almost starts to stir.

Looking back up to find John staring lovingly at you with your baby in his arms, he sighs in defeat, pressing a kiss to both your's and Ethan's heads as he sits infront of you.

"Careful dad it's bloody cold." Jimmy warns in all seriousness, walking a bit further down the beach hand in hand with Rosie, starting to scoop up sand with his hands to help her build a sand castle.

John arches his back ever so slightly when the cream first makes contact before you start to rub the cream in.

"Does this mean I get to put cream on your back?" He asks cheekily, turning his head round to grin at you.

You nod, laughing at your husbands eagerness as he scrambles to his feet, sitting behind you this time.

"Careful it's cold." He whispers in your ear, one of his legs either side of you as he begins to gently rub the cream onto your back.

Sighing contently as John pulls your back to his chest, his hand creeps over your shoulder, delicately stroking Ethan's head. As he plants a kiss to your cheek, he cuddles you even more.

"How many more of these are we allowed?" He asks sweetly, resting his chin on your shoulder.

"Don't worry there'll be a few more." You chuckle at him, watching Rosie destroy Jimmy's castle as he sends her an unimpressed look.

"I bloody love you with a baby." He says, his hand gently caressing your arm.

"I should like to think you love me anyway."
You tease, gaining a laugh from him.

You embrace the moment, your toes curling in the golden sand, the sound of the shimmering waves crashing gently caressing your ears. A soft breeze sends whispers in the air as you can hear your oldest two converse.

"So we can get cracking tonight then, yeah?" He suggests gormlessly, pressing lots of kisses to your cheek.

"Just had to go and ruin the moment didn't you?" You laugh, looking down at Ethan lovingly.

AUTHORS NOTE

Make sure to comment on how you found this imagine! Please feel free to leave requests and I will try to write them to my best ability.

THANKS FOR READING

BLINDERLICIOUS

Xx