Chapter 3 - A Cheeky Nando's

Alexis' POV:

What a day it has been so far. I woke up late this morning and in my hurry to get to class I walked into the wrong classroom. It was quite embarrassing to say the least. After I apologized to the professor for interrupting I went on with my own day, but it only got weirder from there.

I was finally done with classes and back in my own little space. I'm glad that I decided to live on my own this year, I'd probably continue to live like this throughout my years here at university. As I relaxed with my laptop on my bed I sent out an email to William entailing that I wanted to catch up and possibly go get lunch at Nando's tomorrow if he wasn't too busy studying or anything.

After I sent the email to him I felt nervous. I don't know why he is just an old friend after all. We are just going to see each other and talk no big deal. I got up and began pacing around my room. Why am I freaking out so much? Suddenly my phone buzzed and it scared the living day lights out of me. I looked at the text I had received on my phone from my friend Linea saying to open the door.

Confused, I went to the door and opened it. In walked my friend Linea who looked rather displeased and excited at the same time if that was possible. Who knows with Linea she can make up new facial expressions with the way she works.

"What the hell have you been doing in here that you didn't hear me knocking?" She threw her hands up in the air and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Sorry, I guess I was so caught up in my head that I didn't hear you." I gave her a sheepish grin that asked for forgiveness. She waved it off then proceeded to raid my closet for something.

"Come on we have to get you dressed and ready."

"Ready for what? I told you I am staying in tonight Lin."

Linea continued to rummage through my closet pulling out a black floral body con dress throwing it onto my bed. "Put that on we are going to a party and that's final." I groaned loudly as Linea shushed me and continued to tear through my closet to find matching shoes.

I guess a party couldn't hurt for tonight. I hadn't scheduled the lunch with William until half past noon and it would help ease my anxious mind.

Once dressed I pulled my wavy curls over to one side on my left shoulder. Linea grabbed my hand pulling me out of my room. I laughed just going with it shutting my door behind me.

At the party there was a line outside the door, but since Linea is so popular around campus we skipped past the line. The fraternity house smelled of alcohol, smoke, and sweat; walking in alone was enough to get someone intoxicated. Almost immediately I lost Linea in the crowd of dancing people. The lights are flashing in tune with the blaring music and I was getting bumped around the place like a ragdoll.

Soon enough I found my way into a safe spot by the wall to catch my breath. On the other side of the room I saw Linea jumping with everyone else grinding on some random guy. I smiled and decided to get a drink. The punch bowl was nothing but a mix of alcohol and sliced fruit. I took a cup filling it up about half way before I took a drink. I almost gagged, the stuff tasted like pure bitter melon and would definitely get someone drunk on their first or second cup.

I walked around gauging the action of the party as I started to feel a buzz from the liquid I held in my hand. Not watching where I was going I ran into a guy then the cup fell out of my hand.

"Oh my word, I'm sorry did any get on you?" The random guy asked.

"No no I'm fine. Did any spill on you?" I examined his shirt as best I could while the lights were off. Without realizing it I was feeling him up. I heard him chuckle as he grabbed my wrist stopping me. "Do you want to dance?" he asked.