cinco

CAMILO'S POV

I woke up at the sound of my windows keeps on closing and opening telling me that casita is saying that it's daylight and time to wake up.

I straddled on my bed stretching up my arms letting out a groan then suddenly the door slammed open scaring the shit out of me

I placed my hand on my chest and I could feel my heart beating so fast and glared at the person who just barged into my room.

"Mira! you scared me!" I said and she just did this imaginary trumpet thingy and twirled around before saying, "rise and shine mi primo, today is another day!" she said and walked away. Probably to wake up the others.

I realized that Mirabel is extremely enthusiastic first thing in the morning and I began to rub my eyes before tidying up my bed and doing my morning routine before stepping out of my room with a smile on my face.

I trotted down the stairs and went outside since mami requested to eat breakfast outside cause she's in a pretty good mood today which is great.

The table was already prepared with the meals plastered and utensils completely arranged for each of us.

When breakfast started, I sat down between Dolores and Mami and focused while listening to Abuela who is talking about extra chores to run around the town today and we just all agreed to her when mi prima Mirabel spoke

"Abuela, so..." Mira fiddled at the hem of her skirt letting out a nervous chuckle before looking back at Abuela giving her a toothy grin.

Okay? What's up with her?

"So?" Abuela said and told her to continue what she was trying to say

"The new girl that Señora May talked about finally arrived and we became acquaintances and she knows about mama and her gift which we talked about yesterday at the airport before she was knocked out when we got into this cab called taxi since she forgot to sleep on the flight" she explained and let out a breath before continuing

"And I'm going to pay her a visit today and might as well invite her for dinner? Sounds good eh?" She finished and showed a thumbs-up and sheepishly smiled at her.

Abuela gave her a chuckle, "of course you can so that we can welcome her properly in Encanto" she said and told Tia Julieta to prepare her special dish for dinner tonight, "I heard that she has a gift of her own as well" Abuela continued

A person with a gift? A person who is not a Madrigal could also have a gift? That's amazing!

Mira fist bump into the air before letting out a 'yes' as she excused herself after finishing her breakfast. We all continued our breakfast and me, of course, got seconds since they haven't noticed me cause they were busy minding their own business.

When breakfast was done, I headed out to the town to start my chores by helping the mothers and letting them sleep as I shift into them watch over their child or play and entertain the kids while their parents focus on their chores or do their shopping in the market.

I was enjoying playing with the kids since I challenged all of them to play tag. I was being chased by the kids since they were all ganging up to catch me and my focus was gone when I saw a house where Mirable stood outside with a proud smirk on her face and arms crossed on her chest, it was like she won over something.

Till a girl who happens to be just around our age was pushed out the door by señora May and closed the door shut in front of her. Then she started knocking hard on the door but it didn't open and señora peeked through the window and told her to go.