Chapter 1 cont. Skinny b*tches

A/N I will be dedicating each part of this story to different people.

When the forum was shut down I was a bit of a mess (and I know I wasn't alone in this). I was talking to Anon saying how I was copying down all the comments and gifs people had posted, crying because you all never could know how much every single comment meant to me, that I hadn't told you enough or worded my amazement and thankfulness for you all well enough. I've since then been working through each day with my alloted 10 (or less) likes to try and like every single comment. I'm not getting anywhere fast, but I'd like to use these dedications to show a little of how much your comments meant to me.

The first person to comment was Denice, sipping her sweet tea. Thank you :D

Luke's eyes snapped to mine. The warmth in them seeming to fade slightly.

"You haven't lost your job. Is that what you were thinking about in the tearoom?"

I thought back to the tearoom and the despair I had felt. Had they seen me? Was that why Gabriel had called me into the control room?

"Yes. I ran into him the other day and I hurt him. I didn't mean to and it was an accident. Then they wouldn't let go and I couldn't..." Explanations tried to rush out of me. Trying to explain all my fears and the valid reasons why I felt my job was no longer secure. I took in a deep breath and clamped my lips to try and stop the tide of words.

Gabriel's arm wrapped around me, pulling me back against his body. I fought the instinct to panic, taking in a shuddering breath before relaxing slightly against him. His lips brushed my ear as he whispered to me.

"What you've got to understand Sang is that though Owen acts like an immoveable glacier, underneath he's... no he's just a f*cking glacier. You couldn't hurt him Sang. He's ice."

I stepped out of his arms and started gesturing, "But I did! I didn't see him and knocked him over and landed on him." At my words their lips started curling. They didn't understand. "I kneed him!" I exclaimed. Their eyes following my hand making me realize I had gestured dramatically to Luke's groin, my hand hovering a mere inch away.

Their smiles grew as I snatched my hand away. "You don't understand," I could hear the wail creeping into my voice.

They exchanged glances before the smiles disappeared from their faces. I looked from one to the other, trying to understand what they were communicating. Luke stepped slightly closer to me, drawing my attention.

"Sang. You would not lose your job over that. Owen is always fair. He may come across as...stern, but he would never do that to you."

With a soft touch of his hand to my cheek he strode back to the desk, quickly reviewing the screens.

He had left the screens unattended? I chewed my lip nervously. What if he had missed something?

Gabriel picked up my hand and tugged me towards the screens. Pulling out a chair he guided me to it before sitting down beside me. I sat stiffly, bewildered as to why he wanted me over here. He reached forward and twisted my chair so I was facing him before tugging it closer so I was nearly between his legs.

I stared at him startled. Leaning towards me his blue eyes captivated me making me feel like he could see every secret I didn't want to reveal. Breaking eye contact I looked at the screens.

Some of them had changed drastically from yesterday. Several of the previously blank screens now showed camera feeds of the inside of what looked like a luxurious mansion. Several screens which had previously been of a shop were showing unidentifiable back rooms. "Do we have a new job in surveillance?" I queried, relieved to have something else to talk about.