Chapter 20 - How to Hug

Silas'Aggelemou... this is for you! *Blows kisses*

And for all the lovely peoples who assured me that they didn't mind me gushing over my baby boy... He's doing so well! He's a big bruiser, over the 100th percentile in every way (Including cuteness 😍 ). I'm torn between being horrified that my little baby isn't little and being a proud mother. He's much loved by his siblings, they love getting him to give them his crooked little smile.

Melissa - 1,679 words... you know what that means :D

Now I have to confess I haven't looked over this to proof read so apologies in advance.

A low murmur beneath my ear woke me. I snapped upright away from the warmth and looked wildly around the room. The screens and room came into sharp focus before the comprehension of where I was sunk in. My breathing hitched as I stared blankly at the man before me.

North raised his hands slowly before gently placing them on my shoulders, drawing me back closer to him.

"Just give us a minute, she'll be out shortly," he murmured towards the intercom, a light on it's display showing one of the extensions was on. His eyes never strayed from my face.

I heard the crash of a phone hitting a receiver, hard. Who had that been? And more importantly, what had I been doing apparently napping on North's shoulder?

I tried to surreptitiously sneak a glance at his chest to make sure I hadn't left a drool patch but his unrelenting black gave away no clues. Unfortunately me touching his chest, no matter how tempting, would probably clue him on to my desire to check for a drool patch. Or to feel his chest.

"Sorry about that," I gestured towards his shoulder and chest, feeling my cheeks heat with embarrassment. Hopefully my apology covered all of my sins, which may, or may not, have included drooling. "I didn't get much sleep last night. I'm so sorry, I should have been trying to help you instead of snoozing on you."

I leant back trying to put some space between us making it a more professional distance. My job description did not include snoozing on shoulders, no matter how tempting said shoulders were.

"Was someone looking for me?" I blinked furiously trying to clear the cobwebs from my mind and snap back into work mode. As if in protest, my eyes fluttered briefly shut, trying to return to that blissful state of sleep.

"Mmm..." North glanced back towards the monitors, "Nate's back in the office and was hoping to see you." His fingers started drumming slowly on the desktop.

I snapped up straight in my seat, excited to hear he had gotten back safely. He had only been gone for a few days but I had missed him and worried for him. I hadn't known where he had gone armed with only a file and a gun. I wished I could shoot the filing sometimes but had my suspicions that wasn't what had kept him away all this time.

North studied my face, taking in my every nuance and expression, making me feel as if he could see my every thought.

I averted my eyes and studied my hands, twisting my fingers in my lap.

"Why can't you sleep Sang?"

North's words slammed into me, leaving me feeling vulnerable. He had caught me unawares with the unexpected question, leaving me floundering looking for an escape.

"I...I ahh...I dream." I lamely replied. I dragged my gaze to North before hurriedly looking away. I couldn't answer any more than that. It hurt to think about it more than I had to.

I jumped to my feet, the chair flying back behind me, bumping the wall with a soft thud.

"Where's Nathan? I better go and see what he wants."