Chapter 25 -The Making of a Nurse

I'm sorry!  (again)  I had grand plans then the kids got sick, the words influenza and pneumonia visited our house, it rained an awful lot and my laundry got it's own postcode. 😯 But I kind-of did it!  I'm posting!  (I'm not saying anything about spelling, plot holes and bad grammar, repeating sentences etc etc etc).  Just close your eyes to those please!😇

Dedication to BamaRose.  I KNOW you're still reading.  Thank you for every single comment, and vote and ounce of support you've given me. 

Could I have some suggestions for the chapter title?  I swear all my brain can come up with at the moment is "Chapter 25 - Stuff". 😢

And I've even included a selfie!

But here you go, I hope you can enjoy

But here you go, I hope you can enjoy.😘

I nervously poked my head into the tearoom, making sure it was all clear and huffing a sigh of relief. Turning back to Anon I gave her the 'come on' gesture with my hand, signalling it was empty and we were safe.

She rolled her eyes at my obvious dramatics before trotting in after me. How she managed to work in a bakery on her feet all day and still saunter around on those heels was a point of amazement for me. I placed a finger to my lips for her to remain silent as I looked suspiciously around the room. I now knew they definitely did have cameras within the room, and they did seem to notice what happened in here. The memory of being pressed up against Silas this morning being witnessed brought a heat to my cheeks.
I looked straight at Anon then spoke clearly, hoping they heard me.

"Could you please turn the cameras off?" If they were paying any attention they would hear or see, and I could only trust that they would respect that.

Their answer was immediate, Nathan's voice coming through a hidden speaker, "No can do Sang. But I'll turn audio off."

"Thanks." I whispered.

"Anytime."

I paused for a moment before smiling. I wouldn't know 100% if they had, but the fact he was honest and gave me the audio option made me believe him.

"They have cameras and audio in here?" Anon looked around wondering. "Hot d*mn those boys know how to do things. All masterful and take charge-y." She gave a dramatic shiver to emphasise her words. "Now you came by, to pick up a little old muffin for breakfast and it wasn't Victor with you but bad*ss one and bad*ss two. What have you been up to girl?" She nodded her head while giving me the raised eyebrow.

I laughed in response; I should have known she'd be waiting to jump on me about that.
"It's nothing really; they're a bit concerned about someone using me to get to them..." I trailed off, it sounded weak even to me.

"They wouldn't just up and do that without reason, what's got their knickers in a knot?"

"Ahh-," I tiptoed my words around the subject, "there is someone who they aren't comfortable with who is showing attention to me."