Chapter 2 - Medical Lingo

Happy Birthday to Anon :D

This is only part of the chapter, I am posting it early for Anon's Birthday. The rest may appear on Silas'Aggelemou's :D

Dedications to Kimya, Armour Academy Guys and smalls. I can't find their wattpad accounts. Smalls posting the first pictures of gorgeous puppies.

Blackbirde - my first gif. I may have been so shocked at this that I quickly turned my phone off and went and had a cup of tea - unable to process that people actually wanted to read it.

The reception was empty as I returned to it. The cowardly part of me celebrated that I didn't have to talk to anyone at the moment. It was still early in the day and I already felt a little wrung.

I took the opportunity to get started on my morning tasks, the hope that Luke and Gabriel were right about my job encouraging me in my efforts. I had to prove my worth.

After entering the last items into the database I glanced at the time. It was getting close to lunch time and no one had been through reception. That was unusual. Normally I saw the guys drifting in and out of offices or leaving for jobs. To have it so quiet made me wonder if there was something happening I didn't know about. I had taken quite a few phone calls and had been happy to be able to help them with their inquiries now without having to call on anyone, making an occasional appointment and answering questions.

I pulled out the roster and studied it. Apart from who was scheduled on the control room it didn't give me any idea what the others were up to. Packing it away I pulled the last stack of paper on my desk towards me. Once I finished these I would be at the look-for-work stage. This stage always made me nervous because I didn't want to be a waste of resources, if I couldn't find work I wasn't needed.

The door from the carpark slammed open and Silas stomped in. His face was down looking at something in his hand as he trudged through the door, a black gym bag slung over his shoulder. His jaw was unshaven, his fitted tshirt showing streaks of dirt over it with his hair mussed up. Was that a cobweb in his...?

I leaned forward trying to get a closer look and his head snapped up. "Good morning Silas," I cheerily exclaimed. His eyes swept over me, lingering over the dress before snapping back to my face. His expression was intense, no hint of his easy going nature. All the potential for aggression and power I had seen when I first met him was fulfilled as he strode toward me. I jumped up to stand, worried.

He rounded the desk, dropping his gym bag and reached out his arm, snatching me to him. My breath left me with in a rush as I hit his chest and his arms closed tight around me.

My cheek was squished against his chest and I slowly relaxed into his arms. Reaching up I wrapped my arms around him too returning his hug.

"F*ck Sang, f*ck," his voice was a rumble against my ear. He pulled me back slightly and looked closely at my face. His large, work-calloused hand cupped the side of my face as he examined it.

"Did he hit you?" he asked abruptly. Frustration rolling off him.

I shook my head quickly, "No, I hit the corner of a desk when I fell." I raised my hand to my cheek, covering the steri-stripes.

"Did Sean take a look at this cut?"

I raised a brow. Obviously Dr. Green was more well known to all of them than I had originally thought. "Yes, Dr. Green checked it and monitored me for a little while."

"Is that what they're calling it these days?"