Chapter 35 - And then...

So much to say here yet so aware you probably don't want to hear it. 

Thank you so much everyone who keeps on coming back and reading this story, your faith in me keeps me going.  I swear I will finish it!! 

Dedication to 9CorazonesOcultos.

This is so severely unedited that I am actually a new level of ashamed.  Please ignore repeated words, weird commas, etc etc etc. 

Thank you again for believing in me!  ~ Lisa 

*whispers* A report is next

"You're so f*cking grounded! I told you to run for the f*cking gate and instead you jump into the first car you see and start hot-wiring it!" Gabriel ran a hand through his hair as he paced back and forth in front of me.
I sat on the couch in front of him, blinking tiredly. I was so happy. He could rant and rave all he wanted and I would bask in it all because he was there, I wasn't alone. It was all behind me.

He spun on his heel and opened his mouth with another tirade, "So f*cking grounded and- and I'm so d*mn proud of you." He stopped in front of me, studying my face for a moment before his body relaxed. "F*ck that." He muttered as he plonked down beside me, causing the couch to bounce slightly.
His arms wrapped around me and he pulled me sideways into his lap, up close to his chest and into him. One arm in front of me resting on my hip while his other hand ran up and down my back, tracing backwards and forwards as he stared at me.

I ducked my head down, avoiding his gaze and whispered into his shoulder. "I'm glad you came for me and we're out too."

A heavy sigh blew gently across my hair. "Till we're old and grey Sang, I'll never forget the f*cking moment I turned around and just knew you were gone."

I sat there in his lap, running the words he'd just spoken through my mind. They were some of the most beautiful words I had ever heard in my life to date. I couldn't respond to that, it was too precious to me. He was expressing his horror at finding me gone and I was swooning over him thinking of me all his life.

"We better let the others in hmm?" He muttered into my neck, rubbing his cheek across mine.

Nathan and Silas had been waiting outside the warehouse, ready to step in or retrieve us as needed. John Brenten had unknowingly to take me to a property that Blackbourne Investigations had wired and had under camera in the last few weeks at the request of Zane.
As soon as I had been noticed missing the control room had flicked those cameras back to life and it had just been a waiting game, hoping for a break while trying to trace the van the exterior cameras of the bowling alley had picked up taking me away.
I had been so lucky.
My kidnapping had only lasted 4 hours and I had emerged fairly unscathed.
Victor and North had been in the control room, guiding Gabriel through and recording all footage.
Kota had been located at an alternative exit, having set off a diversion and maintaining contact with everyone, including Dr. Sean and to my dismay, Owen Blackbourne.
Gabriel had slipped into the building and accessed the large air vents needed for a building that size, dropping into my room and escorting me out.
I knew without a doubt I owed my life to them all, and I didn't know if I would ever be able to repay them.

We had been met at the offices, lit up like it was midday on a busy week day, by the lead detective working on a case against John Brenten. After his grumblings that the police weren't contacted immediately regarding the kidnapping and possible hostage situation, I had given a statement. I could not remember anything more than what they could see, nearly my entire time in that building being seen and recorded in the control room.
There was no denying John Brenten's involvement in orchestrating my kidnapping and the resulting assault that followed. The recording and statement gave them what they needed for a solid warrant and charges to be laid against him. He had disappeared from the building and the police hoped to track him down once the warrant had been issued. It was only a matter of time.