ᴄʜɪʟᴅ ᴏғ ᴅɪᴠᴏʀᴄᴇ

I had never given much thought to life as a human, if anyone were to ask me I preferred my life out in the woods

I was grateful to the Cullen's, even if I had a hard time expressing it, I just didn't understand who I was as a human.

What I didn't understand was what I know learned was a joke Rosalie had made about splitting me like divorced parents, whenever Carlisle would send me over to the Reservation to see Sam.

I liked Sam and Emily, they were nice, and they were easy to talk to, and they cared about what I wanted.

Sam saw nothing wrong with the fact I didn't want to meet anyone yet, that I didn't feel comfortable, he was more then okay with that.

While the Cullen's enrolled me in school with a bunch of weird kids, and tried to encourage me to make friends, when personally I'd rather be lit on fire.

"Are you ready?" Edward asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Who's picking me up from school?" I asked getting up and grabbing my bag before we walked downstairs.

"Check the calendar we printed you out." He said and I sighed.

"I lost it."

"It's okay, we put one on the fridge." He said and I nodded as we walked into the kitchen.

"Emily." I read along and he nodded.

"You'll meet me at the boarder, tonight." I said and he nodded.

"Bring your homework this time." Esme said and I groaned.

The worst part about being human was definitely the homework, I didn't understand any of it.

I spent the most time these last two months with Edward. He wasn't my favorite, that was Emmett he was more fun, but Edward always gravitated towards me.

Today was the day Bella was arriving as Edward like to remind me, the entire drive to school.

He was nervous about meeting her, and trying to convince me to befriend her.

"I'm not good at making friends." I said and he sighed as we got out of the car.

"Yeah, I know." He mumbled under his breath

"Edward, don't make me."

"Mal, please." He begged giving me a side eye and I sighed before storming off towards the shorter brunette girl who was just getting out of a dirty red truck.

"Hi."

"Hello." Bella said slightly startled.

"I'm Malia."

"Bella."

"You're new." I said and she nodded.

"Can you be anymore awkward?" Edwards voice rang through my ears from across the parking lot causing my head to snap towards him.