ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴏғ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

I was sitting in Leah's room watching her pound down drinks

I was sitting in Leah's room watching her pound down drinks. Everyone was in her house, and yet here she was hiding in her room drinking from the bottle of vodka she hid in her drawer.

Sam brought us all here when he got the call about Harry dying. I understood why she was drinking, and I used my best judgement to sit in the comfortable silence and just be there for her.

I didn't leave until late that night, when I got a call from a frazzled Jacob.

"Mal, she's nuts. She just jumped off a damn cliff and into the ocean. I got her out, and I'm driving her home." He yelled over the phone.

"I'm at Sue's, but I'll come get her." I said and hung up the phone.

"I should be right back, if not you call me if you need me." I said and the brunette just nodded as she laid down to sleep.

I walked out of the house excusing myself, and of course Paul followed after.

"I have to go to Bella's." I said and he smiled.

"What'd she do now?"

"Jumped off the cliff, Jacob saved her from drowning." I said and his eyes widened, but he immediately pulled out his keys and drove us over.

When we got out of the car I smelt it, and I could tell Paul could too.

"Im guessing that's a Cullen?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know."

"Well aren't we gonna go in?" He asked confused, seeing how she stood there stuck.

"Alice." I said finally hearing her voice. Before we could get inside Alice and Bella came running out the door.

"Edward thinks Bella's dead, he's going to turn himself over to the Volturi." Alice quickly explained as Jacob came running out.

"Bella! You can't go!" He yelled, but stopped seeing me.

"Mal, you have to come." Bella said and I nodded.

"Explain what's going on to Sam." I said to Paul and as I went to walk away he grabbed my hand and spun me back. I swore I could see the fear twinkling in his eyes.

"Let me come with you." He said not letting go of my wrist.

"Mal, we have to go." Bella said waiting by the car door, but I didn't budge.

"No, this is my problem." I said going to walk away, but his hand didn't budge.

"What's going on?" Bella asked looking over at Jacob.

"You don't get between a wolf and his imprint." Jacob said in a hush tone, knowing the were-coyote was far to busy to listen.

"I need you here to convince Sam and Emily I'm okay, without you they'll panic." I said finally pulling my arm back.