ɢᴏᴅ ᴅᴀᴍɴ sɪx ᴘᴀᴄᴋ

"Have you heard from him?" Bella asked, and in the back of my mind I knew she didn't mean Jacob, who had ignored her calls all week

"The only one who takes my calls is Carlisle." I lied.

"Has he mentioned him?" She asked and I just sighed.

"Not once, I'll ask next time." I said and she nodded.

"Do you miss them?"

"I think I do."

"Do you regret staying behind?"

"No, I would rather be here with you."

"Oh, what a surprise." A voice said from across the field.

"Laurent." Bella said startled.

"I came here to see if the Cullen's really left you here unprotected. You know Victoria is seeking vengeance, for what you did to her mate." He said as he started walking closer to her.

"Maybe I should just do her the favor and take care of you myself." Laurent thought aloud as I pushed Bella behind me.

"What are you doing?" Bella asked, as I flicked my claws out and my face started to morph.

"Giving you a head start." I growled, as Bella started running I pounced at Laurent. As wolves emerged from the woods and started attacking Laurent, Bella stopped stunned, but finally she got up and kept running.

"Seriously, Sam it's not a big deal." I said as I sat at the kitchen table.

"She's bad news. Every time you are alone with her-" He ranted and I cut him off.

"That's not true. She's been through a lot, I need to protect her."

"No, Malia. You've been through a lot, and I get that you want to keep her safe, but-"

"But nothing Sam, I have to do this." I said before storming out of the house.

Paul was walking up and went to greet me, but I sped past him.

"Woah, hey wait up." He said and started to follow after me.

"Hey, what happened." He said grabbing my arm and spinning me around the face him.

"Sam wants me to stop seeing Bella."

"Good, girl is crazy." Jared said as he walked over.

"Come on, let's take a walk on the beach." Paul said tugging me along leaving Jared behind.

Sitting on the mountain above the water I glanced over at Paul. He was attractive, no doubt, and when he caught me staring he didn't get smug, instead he just smiled.

"If the Cullen's come back, will you leave us?" He asked looking out into the water.

"Probably, they are technically my foster family." I said honestly.

"Where would you rather be?" He asked finally glancing over and meeting my eyes.

"No, one's ever asked me that before."

"Well, I am."

"I'd rather be back out in the woods, never having to think about my family." I said looking down at my hands.

"I heard what happened from Sam, with the mind link. That had to have been hard."

"My sister, and I were fighting over some dumb doll while my mom was driving. I got so angry, and I just couldn't control it. I don't remember what happened next, my only memory after that is of the Cullen's finding me." I explained refusing to look back at him.

"You can't blame yourself for that, you don't even know if you were what hurt them." He said and I finally looked over.

"See my eyes." I said flashing the blue.

"Cullen's told me that's what happens to eyes, when they take the life of an innocent."

After the awkward end to talking with Paul I had to go to Bella's. She called me freaking out about Jacob. I who was also avoiding him knew exactly what was going on, but it wasn't my secret to tell.

"Bells, I can't say anything."

"Yeah, Jake already came here saying the same thing. You guys can't just cut me out, I can't-" She said and I stopped her.

"We aren't going anywhere, okay? Jake's been sick, he's getting better. Just give him some more time." She just scoffed.

"He cut his hair, he got a tattoo, he has a god damn six back, and all within a couple weeks. That doesn't scream mono to me." Bella said and my eyes widened. I wondered how much he really told her.

"I don't know what to tell you, Bella."

"How about the truth?" She asked and I just sat down on her bed.

"You remember when you found out about the Cullen's, how everything went to hell?. Trust me, we are doing you a favor, you don't belong mixed in with this."

"But then I lose you both." She said and I just grabbed her hand.

"I am not going anywhere, okay? Just give Jacob some time, it's killing him that he can't tell you anything, that's why he staying away. He really cares about you."

"How do you know that?"

"I feel it. I have to get home, before Sam sends the-" I went to say, but was cut off.

"Hey, Malia your friends are here to pick you up." Charlie shouted up the stairs.

"Tell Mike I still have the flu, okay? I'll call you when I can." I said before rushing down the stairs to see Paul and Jared waiting for me.

"Thanks again, Charlie." Jared smirked shaking the officers hand.

"Sure, you tell that father of yours he owes me a call." He said and the boy nodded. I followed the two boys out to the car.

"How mad is he?" I asked once we were all seated in the Jeep.

"He's not, he's just worried, that's all." Paul said and Jared scoffed.

"Really, I've never seen him so stressed out. You had the vain popping out of his forehead." Jared said and I rolled my eyes.

"I promised Edward I would protect her. He saved me, gave me this life I never asked for. I feel like I owe it to him." I explained and Paul just glanced at me in the mirror.

"Then we got your back, just let us know what you need." Jared said and I couldn't help but smile.