chapter 34 | Grape juice

< hey, can you call me back, please? I want to talk to you ]

I sigh and move my legs out of anxiousness, feeling horrible for willingly ignoring her. I still decide to lock my phone and leave it on the desk.

"I can see that you want to answer her, you can do it. I won't act like I did the other day," she thinks that she can read through my soul, not knowing how much more she means to me than her mother does to me. "I don't. I want to focus on you and no one else," I slide my hand up and down her back but feel some pleasure spread through me when the cheer brightens her pretty features.

"I forgot I wanted to show you something," she leaves my lap and causes some coldness on my thighs to walk towards her dressers. The sound of my phone ringing for new texts bothering me, I ignore them and gaze at y/n, who is looking cute in her romper and cat ears, she opens a drawer, and I draw my attention down to her legs while she is turning her back to me.

Because of my rarely tall height, she seems so small to me, and every time I look at her, my heart melts, and I cannot stop thinking about how much her body in my arms unknowingly offers me so much comfort.

"Here," she comes back, so I raise my eyes up to her hands and check what she is holding. "Do you think this looks good, or you like the chain I wear more?" she shows me two black chokers and stands right between my spread legs. I grab one of them to have a closer look but cannot help having certain thoughts about this type of accessory. "I love chokers a lot, they make a woman look very...attractive," I avoid using the word 'sexy' as if it was forbidden in front of her, and I look up at her. "Come here," I hold the choker up to her neck, and she does as told and lifts her hair in a ponytail to let me close it around her throat.

The smell of her soft and fresh fragrance fills my nose, and I move back to see how this looks. With no surprise, she is even more appealing. Having her dressed that way makes it terribly hard to not have my eyes on her.

"What do you think?" she snaps me out of my thoughts as I fell a bit too deep in them. "I love it a lot."

"Good I keep it then," she grabs the other one she brought but goes back to the drawer she has not closed, and she puts the choker back in it to tidy up and comes back to me.

"You're not going to sleep with that, are you?" I quietly laugh, but she sits down on the chair right in front of me instead of getting on my lap. "Why not? I could, but I don't want to damage the ears. I love them too much."

"I thought you didn't back at the mall," I remind her of her words, and she smiles but becomes a cutie again. "Oh, well. I change my mind after I heard you."

"Hm, I'm glad to hear that," I nervously and unconsciously bounce my leg, feeling the need of nicotine kick in. I keep staring at her sparkling eyes, the tension in the room sharpening. "Does the chair feel better than my lap?"

She shakes her head. "No...I was just overthinking again and thought I might have made you uncomfortable since I did not ask for your permission."

"Y/n," I breathe out in a laughing way, and moan with frustration. "I'm telling you, so that you stop overthinking whenever you're near me. You can touch me, you can sit on my lap, hug me, kiss me, do all the things you want without having to ask for permission because I'll always agree and be alright with it. I love when you do those things, okay?"

She expresses some great astonishment but relief as well, and she suddenly rises from her seat and comes back on one of my thighs, giving me what I wanted without knowing. "I love this spot more," she gets comfortable on me, and I hold her by the waist to keep her still.

"Why do you love the cat ears and choker?" she asks me, out of blue, seeming either innocent or hoping for me to hear it from me. "Because I love the look," I do not give her the straightforward answer, but she stares and undoubtedly hides her smile with some nibbles on her inner cheek. "Hm...but what do you love about this look?"