chapter 53 | Stay near

"Tell me if you don't wanna talk about it, but have you solved the problem with Iseul?" I ask him, and he chews on the piece of pancake he put in his mouth. "We talked on the phone because I knew it would do worse by text, and she was crying, she said she was sorry and that she was immature," he takes a sip of the hot chocolate. "And she told me she won't ever act that way again."

"And what did you say to that?" I grab a slice of bacon to eat as well, and he looks at me, loving his warm drink. "I told her that I was disappointed in her. I wanted her to understand it, but I said that I forgive her for this one, but if she ever does this kind of thing again, it's over. I was clear," he puts his cup down. "Like, I love her a lot. I wouldn't want to lose her, but she's sometimes very immature, and that's something I can't stand because I don't mind if she's clingy, a bit childish to get some kisses and attention, but not when she does something in order to hurt me or get me mad. I can't stand that shit. No matter how much I love you, if you intentionally hurt me, I'm gonna be mad as fuck,"

"That's understandable, you have the right to feel like that," I show him that he is not the one in the wrong. "But I'm glad you kinda made up and that she apologized. I hope she's learned her lesson."

"Same," he continues to feed himself well, and I enjoy breakfast with him.

•••

1:10 pm.

I push against the floor with my feet to move the swinging chair, Joonha standing in front of me and texting his girlfriend while smoking a cigarette, which he wants his dad to not know about.

I hate what I am seeing, he is ruining himself for studies. That is not the way he should take.

I peek up at him with pain, not seeing the same Joonha anymore. He brings his phone up to his ear and taps the ash off the cigarette to leave it in the ashtray next to him. "Hey," he answers someone, who I assume to be Iseul. "Tell me what's going on."

I look down at Choco playing with a toy and often coming up to me so that I can throw it away and make him run after it. "Babe, stop giving him your attention. Just do your work, do your best, and don't give a damn about what this asshole says," he reassures her, making it obvious there is a small issue. "It doesn't matter. You're doing good, so I don't want you to tire yourself out because he's not satisfied, and if he has a problem, I'll come and tell him to calm the fuck down with you because you're not his slave."

I put my eyes down on Choco but see him hold a small branch in his mouth, so I take it and throw it to the other side of the garden, and I smile at how he excitedly runs to catch it. "I know, baby. I love you too," he tells her and takes a drag on the cigarette. "I'm with y/n right now, my dad's gonna be here soon. I'll come visit you tomorrow, I promise."

"No," I shake my head but joke, and he raises his blue eyes up to me. "You stay here with me."

He smiles like I am doing. "Nothing, baby. She's talking to Choco," he lies to her as if he did not want her to know this. "I'll see you tomorrow, I gotta hang up," he glances at Choco. "Yeah. I love you too, baby. Take care," he ends the call, and he holds his phone down to put it in his pocket.

"You don't want her to hear me?" I grin but pet Choco who is asking for some attention. "It's not like that. She's just a bit..." he rolls his eyes. "...jealous because we've always been very close, and she doesn't like it."

"Oh, she's gonna drift you away from me then," I hide the discomfort this sentence caused, but he shakes his head. "No. That's not gonna happen. I never told you about this because it bothers me, but back when we weren't dating yet but that I was still living here with you, she was very jealous of our relationship, and not long ago, she told me that she feels uncomfortable about us still being so close because she doesn't know your intentions so much, and all that..."