chapter 50 | First look

— Next day —

Monday, September 6th, 2021.

6:50 pm.

I sit at the table to have dinner with y/n and Joonha after a long day, feeling exhausted because of the short night I had with her, which I am pretty responsible for. Once their dishes are full, I serve myself what I want to eat, and we all dig in.

"The party is at eight, right?" I ask Joonha about it, wondering how he is going to handle that tomorrow in the morning. "I forgot to tell you about it, but it's canceled. I had an argument with Hyuk because of some stuff, and I decided it was better not to do it."

"Really? What caused the argument?" I swallow some of the soup, hoping for it to not be too serious. "Dumb stuff," he raises his eyebrows. "We didn't communicate the right way and used some words out of anger because we both had a bad day, but we talked it out some minutes ago, so it's fine. I just don't want to party today. I'm gonna have a tough day tomorrow, so I need to be fully awake."

"What happened that your day was bad?" I worry but peek at y/n, who is quietly enjoying her food and listening. "A client got mad at me because my colleague didn't serve him the right drink, so he threw it at me, and luckily, the coffee was cold, so I didn't get burned, but yeah," he chews on his food, seeming affected by that issue. "After that, my boss called me in his office, and the one who made that mistake said it was me, and no one could contradict because they didn't know, so the boss kinda scolded me, and it got me mad, and I just wanted to leave the fucking place."

"Hey, do not care about it. You know you haven't done anything, and your boss knows you've always done a good job, so you should try to go back to him tomorrow and talk about it so that he knows the truth. And about that client, unfortunately, many people like that will do the same thing, but the best is to remain calm and get them out of the shop," I give the best pieces of advice I can, no matter how mad I am to hear all of that and know he went through it. "That's what I did, but I punched him in my head to relax a bit."

"Do it in your head only," I highlight this sentence. "Unless they hurt you, you fight back and do not let them touch you, or you run away to avoid being even more hurt. Depends on the situation."

"Yeah, but anyway, how was your day?" he returns the question, so I swallow the food I have in my mouth and answer him. "It was fine. I had a good day," I tell him the truth, not having much to say. "What about you, y/n?" he questions her, with a smile. "Mine was great, I took care of an intern, and he was respectful and so kind, I enjoyed it a lot and had a really good day."

"I'm happy then, I'm glad to know we all had an amazing day," he says, sarcastically, and I guiltily laugh. "It's better now that you're here with us, isn't it?" she manages to brighten his mood up, and he smiles. "Yes, I always feel better when I'm home."

"Then try to just think about that, the moment with us, and not those bad people," she softly gives him advice, being adorable and so loveable that I want to hold her in my arms. "Talk about what happened exactly with the intern then, I want to hear you."

"Nothing special, honestly. I forgot to tell you though, I'll be visiting Moosaeng this weekend, so I won't be able to go skating on Saturday," she warns him and reminds me of what I have been thinking about since last night. "All day long?" he already pouts. "Not all day long, but almost because his daughters will want me to stay with them and play."

"Hm," he chews on some rice and vegetables. "Was he the one you were on the phone with last night?"

"Yes, it was about that, the intern, and the fact he wouldn't be there for work today," she nods. "Damn. I don't think I've ever stayed on the phone for that long with anyone," he expresses what I kept to myself. "I already stayed for much longer, that's not so long to me."