chapter 49 | Behind closed doors

•••

9:20 pm.

'JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V'

I tidy up all the wrappings that were ripped off the gifts and move to the kitchen to throw everything out. Then, I head back to the table and sit down next to y/n, feeling like my ex-wife's presence is causing distance between us tonight and hating it.

I listen to what Inna is saying to our son, but hear Hyuk speak to y/n again, bothering me with how close he is trying to get.

They both talk about tattoos, and he asks her to give him her hand, which she does, and he starts to touch her, claiming that he is showing her where exactly he would want the tattoo to be.

I stay calm and take a sip of wine but move my hand under the table to touch y/n's thigh and hold it. My possessiveness showing against my will, I bring my glass down and lay eyes on her, but she keeps hers directed to her hand that she brought back on her lap now that they are not talking anymore.

I rub my fingers over her skin in a delicate manner, the softness of it making it pleasant under my touch, I keep my eyes on her and cannot glance away.

Not getting any response from her, whether physically or verbally, I graze her inner thigh and ask for her attention, but she stays focused on her fabric, never raising her head up.

That is the exact reason why I did not want to go to my ex-wife's birthday with her, I knew something like that would happen. She is uncomfortable, and I have no idea how to reassure her. I guess time will be the only solution for this to fade away.

Feeling affected by her behavior, I try to alleviate the distress with some more wine, but she takes her phone in her hands and texts someone. Believing that leaving the room to smoke a cigarette will not help her feel better, I continue caressing her thigh and only focus on her.

I know I have spent a lot of time outside talking with Inna and her husband, so I want to make sure she does not feel like I do not care about her once my ex-wife is around.

"Do you want another piece of cake?" I initiate a conversation with her, and she shakes her head. "I ate enough."

"Alright," I do not insist or bother her, and I gulp down the rest of my glass. "And you?" she interacts and does not remain silent. "I've eaten enough too."

"Do you want a drink?" she locks her phone and hides it in her hands. "No, I'm fine," I smile at her and stroke her thigh as discreetly as possible. "I don't know if you got news from anyone for the party, but my roommate answered me," Hyuk speaks to my son while staring at his phone. "He said he'll be with his parents for two more days, so the house is free tomorrow night."

"Good, we'll do it over there then, is that okay?" he already plans, seeming excited about it when I am still a bit fearful. "Yeah. I'll just clean up the place before everyone's there."

Hyuk is not the boy I trust so much among Joonha's friends, I would have liked the party to be at Seunggil's house, but I guess I will deal with it. Joonha is enthusiastic about this, so I will not ruin anything.

"No alcohol at that party, alright?" Inna believes they will stick to this rule, and Joonha already rolls his eyes. "Mom. Come on...I'm twenty-one now. As long as I don't get drunk, it's fine."

"Well, I don't like this idea. You already had a party today," she crosses her arms, not feeling good about this. "But it's different. That party's gonna be between my friends and y/n. No adults around."

"Yes, and I know exactly what's going to happen if no adults are there," she shows more authority than I do as always, and I chuckle but save Joonha. "It's fine. We know we can trust him."