You Can Have Some (unfinished one shot)

Prompt: You decided to bake some cookies to pass the time and keep you from becoming bored. After a while, your hellishly beloved boyfriend comes to pay you a visit, to which you make him an offer

Request/Suggested?: No

Tw: none, that I can think of at least

Author's snip: This is an unfinished one shot that I both lost motivation for and also don't really know how to go about it anymore. But I still think it's nice wholesome content of the sentient dorito in a red tuxedo man. So enjoy what I managed to make even if it's unfinished. Maybe I'll find a way to go about it to complete it in the future.

● ● ●

  Baking was really nothing to you other than a hobby to keep you from being bored all day when you're not working. Sure, you could give some of your baked goods to family, friends, or even your neighbors as a friendly gesture, but more often than not, you baked because it gave you something to do. Don't get me wrong, you had other hobbies but you just found baking more occupying.

  And that's exactly why you were doing it right now. You had gotten a surprise day off, your boss telling you that it was because they already had plenty of people to take on that work day. So with no work to go to, you tried to give yourself something to do through your hobbies, but none of them were doing it for you, so you settled on baking something. You settled on baking cookies since you weren't  in the mood to make anything too fancy, like a cake or anything, even though you'd need to make a lot of cookies in order to get rid of that little bit of leftover flour before you can open up the newer bag.

  Oh well, more to have and give away, you suppose.

  ~~~

  You heard the sound of your baking timer going off in the kitchen, meaning that your cookies were done with their time in the oven. You left the spot that you were waiting in and headed towards the kitchen and obnoxious sound.

  "Wow. That thing is noisy." was what you were suddenly greeted with when you reached the kitchen, making you damn near jump out of your skin.

   It was your boyfriend, Mephistopeles, also known as the devil and ruler of hell itself. Don't worry, he's actually a nice man and is nothing like his reputation with mortals. At least not with you.

  "Geez, Meph. You scared me." you scolded while you held a hand to your fast beating heart and walked over to turn off the timer and take the tray out of the oven. You knew Meph was able and liked to let himself into your house whenever he pleased, and for the most part, you were used to it. But he literally almost gave you a heart attack. "Sorry. Sorry. I didn't know that I was going to catch you off guard like that." he said as he laughed at your reaction and held you from behind. He practically towered over you with how tall he is.

  "That's a lot of sweets there, hun. What's the occasion?" Meph asked, having seen the amount of cookies you actually baked this time. "There is no occasion. I just wanted to bake cookies and get rid of extra flour." you responded and you set the trays on a cooling rack, Meph let out a hum of understanding.

  "You gonna eat all of them by yourself?" Meph asked. "I mean, I knew you guys had an addiction to sugar and all that, but that seems a bit too much for one person to handle." he commented. You shook your head no. "I'll eat as much as I want and I'll give the rest to some family or friends." you responded. "If you want. You can have some once they've cooled down." you offered while looking up at him.

  "Have them? As in to eat?" he asked, a bit puzzled by your offer. "Well... you can't exactly have them as decor. So yeah, to eat." you answered. "Thanks for the offer, sweetheart. But I don't really do the whole eating thing. Biblical and celestial beings don't exactly have stomachs." Meph chuckled.

(And that's all we have folks)