The Spark of Rebellion

It had been a week since the powers of the king had been bestowed upon Ixis Naugus. As the new king had dethroned Elias Acorn, the people seemed to have forgotten about or were not longer bothered by it. They had gone on with their days, seemingly unaffected.

However, things quickly began to change not long after.

The kingdom had become silent.
No children out in the parks.
No street vendors selling their assorted fruits.
No Mobians dining on the cafe patios.
No blue blur running amuck.
Nobody was leaving their homes. They didn't fear the new king, it's what the new king owned that they feared.

His Iron Dominion roamed the streets every single day in organized fashion, looking more of a tyrant's army that it did a force for the Acorn Kingdom. Though they were promised these ninja were their new protective service, they couldn't help but avoid them as much as possible. They had a dark, vile aura to them, and the citizens of the Acorn Kingdom had grown afraid to go near them.

Mina Mongoose, legendary rockstar, was one of those citizens. She often traveled Mobius for tours and concerts, but she had cancelled the rest of her tour after Naugus had taken over. She felt... scared to go anywhere. As if they would keep her within the kingdom if she tried to move on, or worse.. try to flee.

She had kept her shades closed for days, still somehow feeling as if she was being watched. With the way some of these ninja were, she wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. She didn't like to think about it, but she could always feel the cold eyes on her coming from somewhere.

"Hey you!" She heard an aggressive voice outside her home, causing her ears to perk up. She had just been minding her own business meddling with her guitar when the same voice sounded like it was getting more angry.
"Come here, we want to talk to you." She heard him again. It had occurred to her they probably weren't addressing her, as she'd kept her blinds shut. But due to how serious the situation sounded, she decided to peak through her blinds.

She leaned up on her couch that sat against the front wall, and used two of her fingers to create a small opening in the blinds to see through. She looked ahead at the small shop in front of her rental home, seeing a small group of Iron Dominion ninja. It was comprised of one Raiju Lynx and two bats from the Yagyu Clan. One of the Yagyu ninja was the one shouting, but at what?

Mina looked to her right and saw a simple citizen of New Mobotropolis. His hands were full of minor groceries, shaking them due to his scared nature of the ninja.
"I—I'm sorry did I do something wrong?" The scared old man asked. The three ninja approached him, all with slight smirks on their faces.
"What's in the bag, gramps?" The Lynx asked with his arms crossed on his chest.
"They're j—just my groceries! My wife is ill so I went out to get her some—

"I believe we need to inspect that bag before we can let you go." The bat snickered with the other ninja.
"But.. but why? I haven't done anything wrong! Please, just let me get home to my wife!" The old man now shook like a sick dog.
The bat didn't hesitate as the man began to question him. He reached down to the old man's bag and forcefully ripped it from his grasp. He tried to keep the evil bat from grabbing it, but the strength of the ninja was too much for him to handle. He'd been knocked down with an easy shove from the bat, watching as they ransacked everything he'd just bought.

There wasn't much in his groceries bags, but that didn't stop the ninja from looking through them.
"Well look what we've got here fellas," he smiled, as he reached deeper into the bag. He pulled out two baguette sandwiches from the bottom of the bag, tossing one to the Raiju Lynx. He also pulled out a small vial of painkiller pills, likely for his ailing wife.
"These sure look like unverified drugs to me." He briefly shook the vial.
"That's gonna cost ya, old man." The other bat ninja spoke.