The Fall of Acorn

Amadeus had been under strict orders by the king to look over his sister, Sally. He had been watching over her for the past half hour, studying her as it seems she began to tear herself apart. Over what, he did not know.

"Princess Sally," he briefly spoke, "is everything alright?"

"I just.. I just have a bad feeling, is all. Something doesn't feel right. There's this chill in the air that seems like it's telling me there's something wrong, I can feel it." She began to speak the stress that plagued her mind.
"Your highness, the king is using every bit of strength in his body to ensure the safety of our people. He's a great man—a smart man. I'm sure everything is quite alright." Amadeus shot to sooth the tense Princess.

"He should have called in, or came back, or sent in Nicole or something. I just don't know, Amadeus. I just have a strong hunch that he's in some kind of trouble." She paced back in forth from the same two spots for the past half hour. He couldn't tell if it was the paranoia getting to her, or if she really did have a bad feeling. But he did have to admit, it was rather odd he hadn't heard anything about the king.

"You make a good point, your highness. I believe it's time we go look for him." Amadeus checked down at his hip holster to make sure his sidearm was off safety mode.
"Wait.. really? But I thought I couldn't—

"The king ordered me to make sure you are watched and kept safe. He never said to sit tight and wait. Besides, my duty is not only to ensure the safety of the Princess, but the king as well." He walked towards the double doors of the castle entrance, signaling Sally to follow behind.

"Stay close." He said to her, as they began their search.
_______________________________

For the first time in his life, Sonic was at a loss for words. The hyperactive knucklehead speedster was speechless. Witnessing someone as worthy as Elias give up the throne was one of the most horrifying things he'd ever seen.

"Mobotropolis, meet your new ruler... Ixis Naugus!" The revolting hybrid wizard chanted with glee. He was met with roaring applause and claps upon his newly appointed royalty.

"Elias... how could you do this.." Tails quietly spoke in awe, closely joining Sonic's side for elder comfort. The man couldn't answer. His head was spinning with the events that had just occurred. The scattered thoughts and mixed emotions pounded through his mind. He slowly looked up from the ground, and looked back to Geoffrey and Naugus.

"I tried countless times to save you, Elias. But you would not heed my warnings." The skunk smiled as he folded his arms across his chest. But hearing just that single remark alone, was enough to boil the blue hedgehog's blood.
"Why you two-faced, backstabbing son of a—!" He screamed at Geoffrey as he began to stomp towards him, though was quickly stopped by Nicole. She was the only thing keeping him from blackening the skunk's eye.

"Hmm." Naugus thought to himself aloud to regain the attention. "I do believe—as king—it is time I make my first call." The wizard smirked with his ugly teeth at Elias.
"As first order of business as your new ruler, I not only take emergency powers from the Acorn family entirely, but I, King Naugus, hereby banish Elias Acorn from the kingdom!" He finally spoke the words he'd been dying to spill for the last decade.

Elias, Tails and the rest of his supporters all gasped at the sudden command.

"What!" The small group heard the cry of a familiar feminine voice. Sonic and Elias turned back to see Sally and Amadeus, as the two stopped in their tracks from their dead sprint.
"Elias! What the hell is going on! Who is thi—
Sally began to yell in fury, but froze as she looked over her brother's shoulder. There, she saw the evil wizard standing with the royal crown on his head.