Egg-cellent Predicament

Tails' night had finally been fulfilled. He got to spend quality time with his family for the first time in what seemed like ages. Not to mention, the fact that he got his war hardened father out of the house and in public was a victory in its own.

Amadeus walked behind his son and next to his wife. She held a bag of cotton candy they had just gotten at a small cotton candy stand, while Amadeus held the small stuffed Chao toy he had won for Tails, though his son didn't quite have the heart to tell him he didn't have interest in something so childish. Tails himself held his oversized drink he had from their dinner.

As the family walked, they began to notice more and more people the closer they got to the square, where all of the main festivities were. There was a stage in the center of the square next to the courthouse, where multiple artists had performed throughout the evening. Though the main event, was only seconds away from performing.

"New Mobotropolis! How is everyone doing tonight?" The yellow mongoose loudly cheered, causing the enormous crowd to go crazy. Tails struggled to listen as to what the crowd was saying when they cheered, due to the insane amount of Mobians who had shown up.

"Mina! Mina! Mina!" The crowd chanted in an organized pattern.

"Mina? Who's Mina?" Rosemary questioned as she too heard what they were saying. Tails quickly turned around and looked at her in shock. "Really mom? Mina Mongoose is the biggest rockstar on Mobius!" Tails said with a small glimpse of joy in informing his mother. Not to mention the secret crush he'd had on her for ages.

"Isn't she a friend of Sonic's?" Amadeus asked as he looked at her with a brow raised. "Yeah! But I mean, Dad... Sonic is kinda famous too." Tails slightly laughed, his mother smiling along as well.

Mina had begun to sing with her beautifully dark voice, as the Prower family continued their way through the crowd.

The further they got into the square, the more they noticed something... odd. Out of the ordinary.

The crowd that once cheered her name only moments ago, slowly began to turn its attention to the night sky. Less and less of the people paid attention to the mega star, and stared at the dark object floating high above their very kingdom.

"Is this part of the show?" Rosemary asked in confusion.

But then, the bottom of the object had hovered right over the exact spot of the square. And on the bottom, was a bright white painted logo. It was a full circle head with a thick mustache, and an ear to ear grin.

Dr. Eggman.

The crowd instantly recognized the logo, and began to run and scream in a panic. Mina Mongoose too had seen the terrifying aircraft, and looked up in fear. She threw her microphone down and ran off towards the nearest shelter.

But with all the fear around, Amadeus only looked at the flying ball with anger. He tightly clenched his fists, then quickly looked down at his family. Rosemary tightly grabbed onto Tails and froze in terror.

"Rose, get Miles back to the house!" He yelled, before throwing down the stuffed doll and running off the other direction, straight towards the castle. "Amadeus! Just where are you going?" Rosemary angrily grabbed his arm, upset at the thought of him doing something stupid.

He briefly looked down at Tails, and sighed. "I'm sorry, son. But it's time to go to work." He said with remorse, before running away. The two watched him run away in awe of what was happening.

"Come on! We need to get to shelter, Miles!" His mom tugged on his arm, beginning to run back to their house. But, Tails was showing brief resistance. "Miles!" She yelled his name again in frustration. "Mom, we have to go find Sonic!" He began to protest his mother. "No! You're coming back to the house with me like your father said! I understand you look up to Sonic, but this is not up for discussion!" She tugged harder on his arm.