The Mighty King

Castle Acorn, New Mobotropolis

The sight from the castle was a glorious one. King Elias was always overjoyed when it came to staring at his kingdom from his royal office. The mix of flourished colors; green from the grass and plant life, red from the apples that hung from the trees and the roofs of several houses, purple from the bright flowers, and even orange, from the way the sun hit the streets of his kingdom just right. It looked magnificent. It looked happy.

"So beautiful." He smiled to himself, holding his hands behind his back and enjoyed the scenery.

"Your highness," his advisor's voice threw him from his daze, "your guests have arrived." The voice of Geoffrey St. John spoke, causing Elias to turn and look at him. "Fantastic, send them in." Elias smiled. The Royal Advisor nodded, and walked back into the hallway. Elias took one last look at the beautiful environment, before he heard a familiar voice.

"Yo Elias, what's up dude." Sonic's voice was heard as he, Tails, and Elias' own sister entered the office. He walked up to Elias, and fist bumped him. "Umm, since when do Kings fist bump?" Sally playfully said, as she entered behind Sonic. "Since you finally grew out your hair and got rid of the mullet look." Elias playfully laughed back, causing Sally to slightly glare at him.

Elias then saw Tails walking in, holding a couple small pieces from the robot in his hands. "Tails, how'd the experiment go?" Elias leaned back against his desk and folded his arms across his chest.

"Well... the AI I designed wasn't quite up to Nicole's standards, so it kind of... went awol." Tails lightly laughed.

Then out of the small projector on Elias' desk, appeared the favorited female lynx, Nicole.
"You can say that again." The sassy AI joked with a grin.

"Wait, you knew about this?" Sally crossed her arms and looked at her brother in disbelief. "Of course," Elias said, taking one of Tails' pieces and looking at it, "He's going to unveil our new prototype defense weapon at tomorrow's festival... or well he was, anyway." He chuckled about the destroyed prototype.

"And you didn't bother to tell me?" Sally stared at him with frustration. "I didn't bother to tell you for this exact reason. Come on, let the guys have some fun once and a while. Amadeus is strict enough on the guy." He handed the piece back to him and smiled.

"Elias... he's too young to be building weapons for you. A robot dog, or a plane, or literally anything else he has made is different from weapons." Sally placed her hands in her hips and eyes Elias.

"She's right, your highness." Geoffrey chimed in, glaring at the fox. "We can't rely on the creation of our weapons, to some child." He harshly spoke, causing Tails to look down in shame.

"Whoa there, Jeff."

"Don't call me that."

"He's a smart kid. A helluva lot smarter than you, so lay off." Sonic defended his best pal, placing his hand on Tails' shoulder. "Sir, surely you're smarter than to let a kid overlook our defense system! It's just... unethical." Geoffrey continued, hoping to have Elias' backup.

Sally looked down at Tails, and saw the pain on his face. Realistically, Geoffrey was right. But what kind of aunt would she be if she didn't side with him with anything?

"Actually, ya know what? Tails is a genius. And if Elias believes Tails can build something that can keep us safeguarded from Eggman, then... I trust him." Sally then finally sided against the advisor as well, causing him to roll his eyes. "I do appreciate you concerns, Geoffrey, but I won't have my nephew teased." Elias scolded the skunk.