Eventful Gathering

Amadeus Prower was considered the best of the best at what he did. The elite. Not even the loss of his left eye could change that. Being the lead captain of the royal army was a strong position to have, though he seemed to fit the spot just naturally. He wasn't a violent man, but when he needed to be, it was almost as if it was what he was born to do.

Not only was he strong physically, he was strong mentally. Which usually meant, he was almost always working. He loved his wife and son dearly, but he also loved his job just as much but in a different way.

"Amadeus, please. Spend this night out with your family! Go grab dinner at one of the tents with Tails, or have a drink in the garden with Rosemary." Elias spoke to the one eyed fox, as the two walked down the enormous decorated hallway.

"They were aware of my duties for tonight. They understand I have an important task of keeping a watchful eye over the king." Amadeus dryly spoke, walking with his back straight and his arms behind his back. "And I appreciate that. You're my father's go-to man for anything, because he knew damn well you'd get it done. But tonight of all nights, you don't need to be here. Really! Go spend some time with your family." Elias continued to persuade, though he was failing in the process.

"Your highness," Amadeus stopped halfway down the hallway, facing Elias, "I say this with as much respect as possible. You are still new as our King, and only understand few things your father did as of right now. As King of this land, it is your job to watch over the people. And I watch over you, it is my job. So yes, tonight of all nights I will spend by your side. As is my duty." Amadeus told the younger man sternly but politely.

Elias stared at the captain for a moment, before growing a small grin upon his face. "You know what, you're right." He properly said, and looked at him with satisfaction. "It is my duty to look over my people." He spoke again and reached his hand out for Amadeus to shake. Confused, the one eyed fox still shook it.

"Congratulations, Captain. You now have the rest of the night off. As your king, I would like you to spend quality time with your family." Elias' grin grew bigger. Amadeus' one good eye popped open, as his jaw dropped. "Elias, I—

"Amadeus, this is also an order." He told the older captain. He began to walk away, leaving him stunned.

He wasn't afraid of nearly anything. But what Elias didn't know, was Amadeus actually didn't want to go home. Yes he did love to see his family, but truth was... he wasn't exactly good at bonding with his son. One was a genius inventor. The other was a war hardened general. Their wasn't a whole lot of relation between the two.

Amadeus deeply sighed, aware he was going to have to try his best to make the most of this festive night with his family.
_________________________

Though Tails loved being innovative and designing new things he could build, he was however still a child. He got bored and restless just like anyone else his age, and wanted desperately to go enjoy the festival. But, he didn't want to bother his Aunt Sally and best friend Sonic on a special night for them. The worst part, was they were basically the only people he hung around most of the time.

So instead, he just slaved himself away into his own laboratory his mother allowed him to make in their old shed.

He knew he was different form other kids, considering he couldn't hold a conversation with one for five seconds without mentioning something scientific. But he knew as well as his mother, that sometimes a smart life is a lonely life at his age.

As he doodled away on the blueprints, hoping to rebuild his defense bot, he heard the creaking of the shed door behind him. "Miles?" His mother sweetly spoke as she entered the half-built lab.