-chapter one-

"For better, for worse"
________

Vedika was scared, a part of her heart was, even though she millionth time had muttered she wasn't but it had only raced up her heart. "Please..." she let out silent pray, as her honey brown eyes stared at the darkness in the room. She knew she couldn't stay like this for too long, she needed some air when she felt like the room was sucking the life out of her.

Pinning her dupatta to her shoulder, she walked towards the indoor garden of this Rajvansh Palace, passing different galleries. The only place where she sought peace was the large garden that was illuminating under the moonlight.

Even if she felt the garden was left abandoned by the snobbish people living here, it was still well and groomed by the hard work of the gardeners.

The breeze coming from the east side let shivers ran down her spine as exhaled deeply, her breasts rising and falling down in unison. A swing hanging down from the tree, the big pond along with ducks and bunnies, between the tall green trees had always relieved her. She strode towards the swing and sat on it, while bringing her legs up. A bunny jumped on her lap as Vedika patted it, softly.

The baby pink duppatta she had pinned to her sleeveless salwar that went perfectly with a baby pink legging, was left open and carelessly thrown beside by her as she let her straight waist-length black hair down freely from the bun she had tied in the morning.

Her mother-in-law had always reminded her of not letting her veil slide down from the temple of her head. Vedika had neither accepted and nor approved this conservative mindset of her Roop Rajvansh so choose not to follow whatever she said.

Roop Rajvansh was not someone kind, in contrast, she was snobbish, insulting, orthodox and a sharp-tongue lady. Vedika was never fond of her or her presence as she was always found begin taunted and insulted by her own mother-in-law. Why? Because of Vedika's infertility of not producing the next heir and Vedika couldn't stop that woman from saying those words either.

It was said that her children respected her a lot as she had looked after them ever since her husband passed away while his death was still unknown to her.

Although she had never seen her elder son much communicating with her... with anyone. Vedika's heartbeat raced upon his thought. She realized he was not back yet while being busy with handling his billion dollar company.

Neither she knew when he returned nor when he went back but Vedika knew he did. As the servants did told her about him.

Vedika was used to his ignorance but had never accepted it... 'what was the reason for him to ignore her like she meant nothing to him?' Vedika wondered, her eye lids closing as a tear trailed down from her eyes.

Only she knew how much she was stopping herself to punch his number down on her phone and yell at him but she knew he was going to be furious.

At times, she wished that he held her in his embrace as she will place her head on his chest and listen to his soft heartbeats while her all pain would go away. But she knew, her wish was always going to stay as a wish... it was not come true. Ever.

The only person that could understand her she thought was her parents but she was again proved wrong. They didn't gave a damn about her or her feelings and she was naive enough to not understand about them when they decided to arrange her marriage with the heir of Rajvansh. They didn't cared about how their daughter was being treated in this so-called family.

Tears had always wailed up whenever she thought about how her life was but this time, Vedika swayed the tears away from her eyes. Never in her life, she had felt so lonely like she was doing today. About how her life was going to change and she knew she had to meet her husband.