-chapter twenty two-

-vedika-

In the last 24 hours, I hadn't done anything except getting attacked and having wild, rough sex with the mob boss and sitting at the small table kept in Shravani's room and staring at my phone. Somewhere, the little one had also sensed the tension brewing inside me, thus, I supposed that was why she sat on chair in front of mine with a crystal ball in her hand.

My eyes flickered from phone to the snow flakes drizzling on the dancing couple, spinning to the soft rhythm. I didn't how she got it but she wasn't letting it go. My lips curve up into a smile as I watch her.

"Are you planning to keep that to yourself for the rest of your life, Shravani?" I said teasingly and she pouts.

"Papa said it always belonged to someone precious and now it's mine because I am precious too, Mumma," she answered and I shook my head. I haven't seen Abhimanyu after the news tabloid had break through and hadn't asked where he was going.

I feared once again he was going to push me out of his life. The way he always did and probably this time, it might hurt more.

"Mumma does Papa likes you?"

"No!"

I clamp my lips shut as a voice makes it way in the room before I could respond to Shravani. "Roman you can't!" Gabby ran behind the six-inch something man with a scowl on her face and he pinned her with a death stare.

"Get lost, Gabby!" He yelled as he made away towards the table and I stand up.

"What's wrong?" I ask while he speaks something in Italian through the bluetooth attached on his left ear. I blink at him as what he said went on top of my head.

"English would be much better for me it understand, Roman," I answer and as if realizing his mistake he spoke again, "We have to leave." I guess that was the translation of what he was trying to say in his language.

"Leave? Where?"

Somewhere, the things I didn't wished for seemed to be happening over again. I wasn't wrong when my mind had said he would push me again. Throw me out of his life like a piece of trash.

"You just have to follow me and we won't have any problems but if you wish it ask questions, I don't have any other choice but to drag you as per order," he commanded with a stern look on his face and for the first time, I saw the darkness in the ambers of his eyes.

"Should have known your boss is a fucking sick asshole," I gritted out near his ear, holding Shravani's hand in mine and walking ahead of Roman. He doesn't let me as he walks in front and I catch the glimpse of the gun tucked somewhere in his waistband.

"I tried to get him more gentle with you, Ms," Gabby explains from behind and if Roman heard her, he didn't say anything.

"This one here, Ms." The driver opens the door of a black SUV and I get inside with Shravani who still had the crystal ball with her.

"Where are we going?" I ask Roman but all he did was shutting the car door gently and walking towards the car in front of ours. Irritation wasn't the word to define my state but that was all I could name right now.

The cars started moving till all I could was the empty and lonely dark roads. "Roman can sometimes be vigilant and reckless. I think you have to get used to him, Ms." The driver cut off the silence coating the silence and I lean my head against the leather seat.