-chapter twenty seven-

-abhimanyu-

"I found it! I found it!"

"Christ, little love. If you are going to keep on jumping on me, I would soon end up stomach less," I groan as I held her by her waist and pull her gently on the luxurious pillows.

"Wake up," she laughs and cradled her body against mine. "I am, little love."

"Nooo... wake up." She kicked me on my stomach with her foot. "Where is Mumma?" I ask instead of doing what my daughter was asking for me to do.

"With that tall uncle. I saw him touching her hair."

A motherfucker had a death wish.

"Who?" I gritted, sitting up on the bed but saw Shravani rolling of the bed and poking her tongue at me. "Got you, Papa. Now get up." She ran away before I could grab her again. I got played by a three year old?

Letting out a soft chuckle, I get up from the bed before pulling a shirt on myself and walk inside of my living room to find a tanned skin woman in a black dress sitting on my table with a spoon of cake in her hand.

"What are you doing in my suite?" I ask casually but she just darts the spoon at my way. "You mean the suite I kept cleaned up for the years. Yes." She remarks through her red-painted lips and pushed a loose curl falling on her face back behind her ear by her middle finger.

"Aranya?"

"Bhai?"

"Get out."

"I can't hear you saying me thank you properly," she says but made no attempt for getting up from the chair and I roll my eyes, popping down on the sofa opposite her.

"Do you have a purpose for your visit or is it that you find it fascinating me watching you eat a chocolate cake?" I remark back in the same tone she had used a while ago and watched her putting another spoon of cake in her her mouth.

"For the record it is a blackberry cake and secondly, Maa wants you and your family on the breakfast table to," she sounded as if my aunt had requested my presence but knowing her, she might have ordered me.

"What makes you I think I would accept your words?"

"Because you aren't daring to defy Laasya Ranveer Rajvansh."

I wasn't.

Laasya Rajvansh, my father's elder brother's wife had practically raised me as her own.

"Seems like breakfast table isn't going to be as peaceful as it seems."

"It isn't or else I wouldn't have wasted my energy and time to be here. I am a very busy businesswoman." I didn't miss the teasing in her voice.

"Your choice of employment is quite questionable, Aranya Rajvansh."

"Speak with Roman about that. He says I am a businesswoman," she completes and finally places the spoon in her hand down.

"That Italian boy's brain cells haven't aged after five, Aranya. Come on, try to be relevant."

"At least he wasn't absent the day God gave out brain cells unlike the men of this house," she gritted out with a joyfully sinister smile on her. "Don't forget about breakfast, bhai." My cousin finally decided to get her ass up from the chair and stand tall in her heels.