-chapter five-

"Don't underestimate two words; rich and powerful"
_________

The room felt heated for Vedika as Tanveer stepped in, his eyes meeting Vedika's as he approached her. "What is going on here?" He asked as he looked at the half-naked man tall man in front of him. "Nothing," Vedika said but Tanveer didn't seemed to be convinced.

"Who is he?" Tanveer interrogated but found Abhimanyu raising his eyebrow. "I should be asking you that question, shouldn't I?" Abhimanyu's voice was calm but behind it was hidden a warning. Something that told it was anything but pleasant. The two men looked at each other with dread, Vedika knew that as she sensed the silence tightening in her apartment.

"Tanveer," she called and he looked at her.

"Would you return after awhile? I'm occupied," she whispered but he didn't looked convinced. "Are you sure?" He asked.

"Even if she isn't, I would rather recommend you to get out. Your face hunts the fuck out of me," Abhimanyu commented and Vedika stirred, trying to ignore his crude language in her house.

"It is not your business and neither your house." Tanveer raised his chin as he fixed Abhimanyu with his hard gaze but the latter stayed unaffected. "My wife's business is my business," Abhimanyu smirked.

"She isn't your wife now," Tanveer pointed at him as Vedika's gaze turned towards the kitchen and she hoped Shravani wasn't overhearing their conversation. "Tanveer... please," Vedika almost pleaded and Tanveer sighed and gave her a hesitant nod before walking towards the door but not before glaring at him.

"Stay away from him, Love." His tone firm and lacing with dominance but Vedika paid no heed to it. "It is my life and I have all rights to do whatever I want in my life," Vedika completed. She wasn't sure what was making her lose her calm. The arrogance of Abhimanyu Rajvansh or Abhimanyu Rajvansh himself, she went with the latter.

He was the root of her all problems.

But Abhimanyu looked with amusement in his mismatched eyes. The look nothing compared to the hard cold and deadly he had passed to Tanveer awhile ago, instead it was replaced by something raw. As if she was a mesmerising entertainment for him who he enjoyed playing with.

"That mouth. . . the pretty little mouth of yours..." He spoke, amused as her mouth went close for a moment. She expected him to complete his sentence but he didn't. Something dark flickering in his eyes but it was gone before she could read it. Her eyes travelled down his body. Her eyes taking in the fresh wounds she had treated and Vedika bit the tip of her tongue to say something that would lead him to assume that she cared about him.

She didn't.

Maybe she didn't cared about him but maybe she was curious about him. She had wanted to ask him about how he got attacked but she didn't. She wanted to tell him that he needed professional medical help and that is when something snapped in her.

'I should have never chosen to be a doctor!'

"You need to see yourself to a doctor soon, Mr Rajvansh. The wounds can be highly drastic if infected and not taken care of properly by the help of a doctor," Vedika explained. She walked away from him as he gazed at the duvet she was folding that was lying carelessly. She felt him taking a step closer until she could feel his presence behind. Warm and masculine.

"So you are telling me that I need a doctor." He had spoken those words as if it was the lowest suggestion anyone had ever told him. Like doctors were some kind of insects according to his standards but Vedika found herself nodding. He ran his fingers through his hair.