-chapter twenty four-

-abhimanyu-

"Funny how I didn't see your knuckles busted tonight, brother," Shivansh proded as he unbuttoned the first two buttons of his dress shirt beside. I look down at my knuckles. He was right. For the first time in my life, I hadn't got my knuckles even when the soul-fucking frustration ran today deep in my veins.

It was all because of a woman.

"I heard there is a woman you brought to the palace."

I didn't reply to his words, not even when I heard chuckling darkly under his breath. Instead, I walk inside the warehouse as my soldiers bowed in respect. My lips lifting up into a smirk as I watch the woman tied with ropes and lying on the floor. Her grey and dark hair falling on her face.

"Hello Rosa."

She stirred at my voice and a groan escaped from her throat. She leaned her body against the pavement and charcoal eyes snapped open. So much like the man I had slit throat of.

"She is stubborn, boss. Had been days yet hadn't opened her fucking mouth," my guard said as I looked at her with indifference and sat on the chair in front of her.

"Stubborn are you, Rosa?" I question while leaning to her level and grab her chin even when she struggled under my touch.

"I bet you won't be pleased when I tell you about the man who you had sent at my apartment is now dead." Her lips finally parted through as tears broke through her dark, lifeless eyes and fell on her dirt-covered cheeks.

"You killed him? What wrong had he did to you?" She sobbed and I arch my eyebrow at her tear-stricked face.

"He was there to kill me, Rosa."

"Everyone is right. You are your father, Abhimanyu. You only know how to use people just like him. Just like he used me. You are so like him. Why did you have to kill Rafe? He was my son... your—"

"Brother," I complete and heard Shivansh snicker from behind. Technically, half-brother.

"So he wanted the fame we got." It was more of a statement than a question.

"The thing is Rosa, you should have thought before fucking someone like my father," I tell as I run my finger against the barrel of my gun. "No please!" She shouted but I push my chair and stand on my feet.

"Say hi to Father on my behalf at your way to hell, Rosa."

Thud.

Her body falls on the floor as blood splatters on the floor and wall. Her body still shaking from the gun that pierced through her brain. Her eyes wide and accusing, looking at me.

"Pity. She had a beautiful face," Shivansh chuckled and took a sip from the glass of whiskey. His grey eyes fixed on the now lifeless body with a sinister smile on his face.

"Are you touching your addiction tonight." He pointed at the bottle of whiskey and something resounded in my mind like pinballs.

Addiction.

That word had took me to a memory seven years back. A surprisingly thunder on the star-filled night of Saturday, 18 October, 2016.

18 October, 2016

The thunder rolled against the star-filled night that hurt my eyes or was it because the throb that twitched in vein at my temple? I didn't know and I didn't even wanted to. A glass of whiskey was all it was going to take to down everything banging in my head because of the burning eyes on Rajvanshs. Me.

"Everyone is fucking staring at us," Vivaan cursed as I noticed his grip on the glass of champagne tighten as he pushed back his glasses with his middle finger. His lips curve into a charming smile when a heiress looked at our way. For them, Vivaan Rajvansh looked like the sophisticated, charming prince but that wasn't the case behind his smile.