Chapter 2

Beneath the wormhole is another universe a universe where he ceased to exist. He tries to move but he can't, he keeps on thinking about how to escape but he stopped on thinking. Then all of a sudden a spaceship crashed onto him. Leonard was surprised but he can't see the man that crashed him into the void.

Two men approached the front side of the car and find Leonard's body lying and floating in the void.

"Kask, I told you not to set the ship to the hyperspeed," scowled the man in the front "you just hit a body."

The man named Kask observes Leonard and he turns to the man and said.

"Bring him in, Edward "

"What? No!! we can't bring him in," said the man named Edward and he points out to the spaceship "we have enough people from this ship, this isn't a universe, old man."

"I sense something from him," said Kask, in a serious tone caressing Leonard on the cheek.

"Is this about the light and the dark thing? I don't care about this," said Edward, frustratingly about to go into the spaceship "I'm going to abandon you old man. That guy isn't 'the light of the world' that the S.L.M.E. thinks of."

"The S.L.M.E. choose someone who they considered the 'holiest'," said Kask, calmly as he tries to carry Leonard's body and put it into the spaceship "they took a child who has a power of the light stripping away any connection to their parents. To preserve the light of the multiverse."

"Why did you choose this kid, then?"

"He has a voice," said Kask as he put Leonard into the back seat of the spaceship "a voice that can influence everyone, an ear that can listen, and eyes that can see with both the light and the dark. He has the ability that I don't have."

"You're the strongest in our crew," said Edward while he was closing the ship "you just destroyed the gateway between Dimension 82a and 82b."

"No, I'm not strong enough," Kask frowned and then he stares into Leonard's sleeping body "that escape was a close call, Edward. Also, we lost a lot of lives already from that ambush."

"We can hire more men-"

"-And waste another life? We can't waste lives anymore, Edward."

"In every battle, there will be lives that will be lost, old man," said Edward furiously slamming the wall of the spaceship "we need more men to wage another war."

"War... yes, always wanted to wage a war to bring peace,"

"What is it are you going to think of? Make another proverb for me? I had enough lessons, old man."

Kask went silent and then Edward feels triumphant to finally stopped Kask and try to put him in his place.

"I saw no improvement upon you, Edward,"

"What?"

"Your desire for conflict, your apathy towards those countless lives. Do you even think about the others? You face a lot of conflicts and yet you learned nothing."

"I-I, you don't know me!"

"I have a question for you. Do you think that YOU can change the multiverse for the better without changing yourself?"

"Why you-" said Edward about to point the blaster towards Kask.

Kask was ready to use his power to push him away but all of a sudden.

"stop!"

Edward stood still. He can't pull the trigger of his blaster while Kask on the other hand turns around and saw Leonard breathing heavily.