Chapter 4

They were all gathered on their chairs as they gathered through a meeting. An important meeting to be exact. Maria was sitting down on a chair and the masters who are in front of Maria. Kask was familiar with the master in front of Maria. That person was James and beside him were Lucy and Louis.

"We are here for the meeting of the S.L.M.E," said James, and then a hologram of the multiverse appeared in front of them. They are focused on the center rim of the multiverse but they neglected the outer portion of the multiverse "some of the universes that we control have been taken over by the D.R.M. The dimension 666 or also known as the Devil Town."

"The Devil Town is hard to control," said Louis, zooming in on the hologram between the center and outer rim where the Devil Town is located "I think you should not interfere for our sake."

"I agree," said Lucy, nodding "we shouldn't interfere with this war that is going on."

"Why!?"

everyone stared at Maria and then James feels a bit disrespected for her action.

"What did you say?"

"Why do we not interfere," Maria asked, standing up and interfering with the hologram "the people in that place are suffering in the war. They are suffered by the D.R.M. we need to interfere and put a stop to this."

"No, we cannot," said James "we have to maintain-"

"-That we have to maintain the peace of the multiverse? No, we do not achieve peace yet," Maria answered James while James was talking "you were all focusing on the center of the multiverse. While the others from the outer rim are suffering."

"Silence, Maria," yelled Lucy whiled James are infuriated by what he heard from Maria "you have said enough."

Maria sits down, she wants to say something to the masters but she can't. She has lost her temper and after the meeting, she went on to the library where she explores the lost history. The history of a man called Kanker Aston.

Maria loves the teachings of Aston he starts to despise the teachings of the masters from S.L.M.E. and then one day he went on to her friend and tells him about his plans. Her plans to defy society and waged war against them.

"Maria, this plan of yours," said her friend "I-I don't want you to do this."

"I have to do this, Jayce," said Maria, she stares at the man named Jayce with sincerity in her eyes "this path is the one I chose, it is not a teaching or circumstance, it was mine and mine alone."

"I... I cannot," said Jayce, shaking his head and moving away from Maria "I cannot join you... I'm sorry."

Jayce ran away and then Maria walks away with disappointment.

Everything went back and then Kask opened his eyes and saw Evie staring at him. While Leonard is sleeping in his room and Edward is still controlling the ship. Evie sat down in front of Kask and ask.

"What are you doing?"

"I have sensed something," said Kask he went on to his desk and then opened the compartment inside. It was a map of the multiverse but Evie saw all the unfamiliar places there "Maria started a revolution, it was not the society at all. It was her who make a choice."

"She waged war on them," said Evie, bewildered by Kask's statement "that's not the society's way."

"She left the society," Kask answered Evie "she went on to start a revolution. I can't believe she has corrupted so many of the members of the society."