Chapter Six

°IF I COULD CHANGE ONE THING

Maybe I can help heal some wounds
Take those in darkness out to smile at the rainbow
Catch those beautiful souls drowning with no rescue
Spread love to households who think"hate" is the best watchword
Put a smile on the lips of those without shelter
Saying yes " we might be homeless but definitely not hopeless" ©Nurhebella♥️

The journey to the hospital was smooth and fast maybe it was forwhy that my mind is being occupied with thoughts, part of me wants to hear good news yet another part pierced my conscience "Are you sure you want to hear good news? After what you have done" "nevertheless it isn't something I did purposely, I was a greenhorn served as a ravage to a demon I know as a father!" "It was only...." "Stop!!! Just stop controling my mind!" I yelled at the voice in me, I decided to play song from the stereo of my car and it did justice of soothing my mind till I got to the hospital.

"Good afternoon Sir" i greeted the doctor

"Good afternoon Mrs Williams, how's work and family?" Dr. jaiyesimi replied.
"Fine.... I'm here for fertility test, I should have done it with other tests the first time I came here with my husband yet it's not too late right?". I have known Dr. Jaiyesimi for some months now, he was the doctor my husband and I came to his hospital for some tests before our wedding, the church requested for it and my mum suggest that I should go with Shinaayo to his hospital since it will be the hospital I will still be using.

"Yes it isn't, I will write in a leaflet for you, take it to the hospital laboratory and check back on Friday for results" he replied scribbling down some God knows in the paper on his desk. I collected it and went to the laboratory, the test was carried out and I left for home.

Days was rolling slowly, the time was not cooperating either, the day and night also had a meeting with each other as they work slothfully, I was impatient counting down to Friday, my husband noticed am troubled, he asked but I simply told him it's nothing. Friday finally came to what seems like months.

"Good afternoon ma, your test results is out but Dr. Jaiyesimi is not on sit, here it is" the nurse announced and gave me a brown envelope.

"Okay, I will just wait for him" I'm about to sit down when she said...."He won't be around for the weekend ma, he gave instruction that you should come on Monday".
"Nurse Chioma the patient in ward 5 needs your attention" one of the nurses announced and the nurse talking to me left in hurry, I took that as a clue to leave, Monday is in few  days anyway... I got home; I just drop the envelope in my wardrobe.

Monday came, I was nervous down to my spine, each step I took was as if am having 60kg of dumbbells tied to my legs yet I walked to the hospital and I was already knocking on the doctor's office.
"Good morning Sir" I greeted as I sat down

"Good morning Mrs Williams, how was your your weekend? And I'm sorry for not being around on Friday, I would have instructed another doctor to get attend to you but I felt it's no need besides am more like a family doctor"  he said swiftly.

"It's okay, here is the test result" I put the envelope on his desk, he took it and began to skim through, I couldn't read his facial expression that makes me agitate a little. "Huhkg huhkg" he coughed lightly before talking.

"Hmm Mrs Williams, I'm sorry to ask you about some personal enquiry but it's really needed as it's related to what am reading here..." my heart is ready to be blown out; okay am exaggerating but am sure he can hear the beats of my heart, he adjusted on his seat and continued... "Do you by any chance had an abortion before?"
With that being said I couldn't help the tears from streaming down my face "Mo daran!(Am done for) Ayemi mi ti baje!(My life is ruined) Daddy koba mi, (Daddy as implicated my life) those were the words that came to my mind; I was already crying without hearing what the doctor was saying until I heard... "...Am sorry ma'am, your womb is so thin and it couldn't carry any pregnancy due to the abortion you did in the past". He announced.
The  tears cascaded more freely, I couldn't say anything, I picked my bag and quickly go to the office, I didn't remember to collect the test result, of what use is it again? I went directly to Ayobami's office.

That day I told Ayobami about my life, my past, my current situation, he was sad, he consoled me, he gave me advice to tell my husband  and we engaged in prayer afterwards.
It's past closing time, my husband is yet to come pick me, which is unusual of him, I called and he didn't picked, I picked my bag and left for home.

It's past 9pm, my husband is yet to arrive and his number was switched off, my mind was not settled, I called Ayobami maybe they were at the bar together since they sometimes have guys gist night or whatever it's called but instead he told me he's at home and they didn't plan to meet that night, I became more troubled, few minutes past 11pm he came in but in a drunk state, the Shinaayo I know never drink alcohol, what happened? What changed him? Was the question I was asking myself.
"Honey what is wrong?" I asked him but instead he replied with a sound slap, he beat the hell outta my life that night, I gave him excuse that maybe it was because he is drunk, but am wrong, it continues.

That's where everything began, my marriage turned sour within 6months, my husband always find fault in whatever am doing, from battering to rape, days he would tie me to bed during weekend without food or drinks, I begin to loose weight, I am now a shadow of myself, but I felt it is too early to complain about my marriage, I am drained mentally and psychologically.
Where did I go wrong? Is my husband aware? How? Did Ayobami tell my husband? Or the doctor happened to tell him? Different questions reasonating in my head that I have no answer to.

"Hmm! Sweetheart, trust me, I loved you so much to let you go through sufferings in the hands of your husband, I didn't tell your husband anything trust me, I once wished to have you as my own but not anymore, I want a family truly but i can't ruin yours, your happiness is what keeps me going" Ayobami said in a breathe.

I sighed, what then now happened?

This is my story...

Hmm! No human deserve domestic violence or to be abused irrespective of what happened, isn't this Shinaayo a beast?😠😠😠 with all the picture perfect Yoruba demon looks, six packs and biceps, so he is a woman beater... 600years in jail for him😂😂😂