Chapter Twenty-Six

"when you are blessed, gratitude should speak louder than your attitude"
©Easyease_pen

Epilogue

"Hello, where are you now? Okay... Did you remember to buy the one I text to you? Yes, it's ready, thanks!" I said into the phone, that's Suzan my maid.

"This meat has boiled start frying it! Haah! You people should do your work diligently, that's what you are paid for!" My mum in-law can never change I guess, she loves to party, thankfully she made things easier for me, I would say she's good at planning events. "Ermm Lade, have you called the tailor again? By now they should have bring my clothes na, what is there in sewing gown? Is it not to cut and sew it together?"

"Mama, but you just gave him the cloth 3 days ago and to be sincere it's not ordinary gown o, it has styles and designs. I already called him and he told me his apprentice is on his way."

"Ki lo mo?(what do you know?) All this tailors are duping us o, there's nothing in cutting and sewing, I learnt tailoring na, I can cut A shape, I can even see iro and buba (wrapper and blouse)" I just smiled, this is how my mother in-law always brag about her sewing skills and when she wants to amend her clothes on her neighbour machine, her neighbour ask her to do it herself, the machine later end up in the repairers shop for weeks.

"Mama... Relax he would soon be here" the young boy walks in, he is about 12 years of age. Parents are fond of telling young ones to go learn handwork without allowing him them to enjoy their childhood and focus on their education, some don't even know the choice of career their children would want, they just do things on their own. I pity this little boy, I can't subject my kids to this at their early age. "See.. he is here already" I said to mama who was about leaving to go check on the decorators. She collect the clothe and examine it before discharging the boy. I tip him with money before he leaves that's my way of encouraging them for job well done.

"Haha, you people are not through with the decorations? People would soon start coming.... Eh eh, what can I do to help? I want everything to be done in time" I just love my Mum, I appreciate her more, she always there for me everywhere and everytime.
When I wanted to wean my kids, she's always there to help. After the twins, I had another girl child and 3years later I had another boy child. The good thing Ayobami did to cover my shame was that he won't claim paternity of his child. Though he do come around buy them gifts, takes them out, like he literally treats them equally. That alone we are grateful for. We know we owe him for saving our faces.

Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday to you!!

Happy birthday to you dear twins!

Happy birthday to you!!

Hip! Hip!! Hip!!!

Hurray!!!

"Now it's time to cut the cake, I will like to call their parents to come on stage with the siblings as they cut their massive 10 years birthday cake" the MC announced.

We walked on the stage and assist them in cutting the cake with their siblings. Then all of a sudden the hall became clamorous, the screams were towards us, I turned to see what it's all about but I misstep. My children support me in gaining balance.

"I thought of how to make you happy for all you have been through. You are one of the most victorious woman on the surface of earth, through storm and silent, you always come out stronger, allow me to take your pain away forever which is why I want to replan my forever with you.

I promise never ever to cause you pain
I promise to make you smile forever
I promise to be the best father for our children and the most amazing man on earth for you my love
I promise to stand by you for the rest of our lives
Come rain cum sun, come light cum darkness
Nothing shall come between us.
It's been 12 years of our dazzler marriage"