Chapter Twenty-Four

"Learn to accept people for who they are not everybody likes to brew" ©Easyease_pen

Days crept slowly into years and all I could say is thank you Jehovah. I thank God I never loose any of them after what have been through especially during labour, I felt my soul left me for some hours, my heart suddenly stop breathing yet God intervene and my little angels comes forth, I watch my kids crawl, I saw their first set of teeth first, I watch them took their first step, I want to be part of everything in their life, I'm glad that the journey is smooth even though it was stressful; I can never dare to take my eyes of them for a minute, if not! Everywhere will be a mess.

It has been two hearty years, I have improved on myself and marriage, I took the marriage counseling course online and I was certified., I give counseling to people in young marriage as well; I believe that 'The woman who is happy in her marriage and who has accepted its full implications, its demands upon time and energy, and the limitations of her freedom, will have a great deal to give others. From the experience of her own home, life and the greater sensitivity to other people which married love usually brings, she can create an atmosphere in which friendship naturally grows.' This and more are things that keeps my head up.

It has been six weeks we went for the DNA test and the result is said to be ready, part of me is sad yet I have the believe that both children are for my husband though they both have the same rhesus factor. The weekend has been fixed as appointment with the doctor. Ayobami do visit once in a while, even though our relationship is not has before, he doesn't visit when my husband is not around. I know after the DNA result is being read to our ears, the relationship will diminish.

"You are here, is the food ready?" I heard from behind.

"Yes ma, sorry they have frustrated you a bit" I jokingly said.

"Yes o, thank God I'm going back this weekend, I thought I miss them but with the little my eyes have seen, the feeling of missing have vanished from my heart" I laughed till my tummy aches, whom would have thought my mother in-law would treat me as a daughter? Absolutely no one. She has been a great support since the birth of my children, she even support me more than are son.

I remember some months after I gave birth, I didn't allow my husband to copulate with me, he went to report to his mum, I eavesdrop and hear her telling him 'Do you think labour is easy? Didn't you see it yourself? Someone that is near death you want to start having things with her again? See leave my child alone o, this two are enough; let her take her time and please be more understanding.' Omotayo cries from the room and my mother in-law use that as an example as well 'you see.. the baby is crying again, this is what she goes through everyday, it's stressful enough, just give her little time' I smiled a contentful smile, since then I see her more of a mother and friend.

She came to me after a while. 'Ehnn mama Omonike, hope you don't have any pain in your body again?' I replied 'No' not knowing what prompt the question. 'that means I should be expecting another grandchild soon' she concluded and I laughed, so this is about what her son told her earlier, I just shake my head at her. 'see my dear, it's normal for you to start seeing each other, it's nothing new, pity my son o, he's a active man right from time, Jo okomi (please my love)'.

'Mama, did Shina came to report to you?' I asked pretending not to know. 'No oo... That one that can protect you like egg, he will never disclose your marital affairs to anyone, I just noticed he has been sleeping in the guest room since the arrival of the babies, my son is such a gentleman, allow him to come and be sleeping in the room, you see ehn me am leaving next tomorrow; my friend wants to do her 65th birthday party and I need to be there'. I just smiled because I know she's covering up for him, what a good mother she's, for the fact that she defend me in my absence and still do the same to her son.

"Why are you smiling? Is it because I said am going back? Wo (see) me i can't be running after them everytime and sing all the songs that have been long forgotten. Iwo lo ku ise (it's you I will commend).

"Thank you ma, may you reap the fruit of your labour".

"And you too my dear" she yawned. Truly the children have worn her out.

I stood up to set the food on the dinner table, Shinaayo will soon be home, after he had said hello to his children then food is next, I'm already used to the routine.