Chapter Sixteen

Whenever unfavorable conditions happened we are quick to lament and say "WHY ME". Have you ever thought of those moments happiness comes your way with or without your efforts? Lets learn to be grateful in any condition.

©Easyease_pen✍️

OMOLADE'S POV

I was lying on the couch, I lazily put my a leg on the floor and the other on the edge of the couch, I felt weak suddenly, maybe by the pregnancy I wasn't expecting or the news of my husband infertility, I was looking at the programme displayed on the TV screen yet I wasn't listening to it as my mind is occupied.

Shinaayo angrily left the house, to where? I pray it's not Ayobami's place because I don't trust his anger. I picked my phone and put a call to my mum to tell her the situation of things, she picked at first ring.

L: Hello mummy

Mrs Adebowale: Good evening my dear, how are you and your husband? Hope everything is fine? Lade you can..." I cut her off her long talk as I already know she's worried as usual.

Lade: "Mum am pregnant" I waited to hear her reaction, I wished I could see it.

M A: Jesus! Lade! You are pregnant? Haaaah Jah is merciful! Glory be to thy Lord of Lord, the almighty father that answereth prayers, you are pregnant Lade?.

Lade: Yes mum, we just came back from the hospital and the doctor said am three weeks gone.

M A: This is the best news have ever heard in years, you see.. that's why I said you should believe in God and drugs, you haven't even finished the drugs I prescribed you are already pregnant, ow! Am so happy Lade.

She squealed then I remembered that she truly gave me drugs which I didn't use at all because I hate the smell of drugs, I will vomit everything in my stomach if I taste any drug, the only one I can take anytime is of course the orange vitamin C.

Lade: "Hmm... Yeah.. I..." I didn't get to finish my statement before Shinaayo storm in still in angry state. "Mum let me call you back" I said in the phone and end the call.

"Lade, you seriously need to abort that baby" he said, is this man mad or something else?

"What if I don't want to?" I asked daring him, his choice of words didn't settle well in me.

"Then this marriage is over!" He yelled, seriously? I thought it will be more than divorce, then he should be my guest because there's nothing that will make me abort this baby.

"Fine! Tell your lawyer that you want to file for a divorce, I would gladly give you what you want" I shouted back at him and left him standing in awe.

I went to the bedroom, I sat at the edge of the bed, tears find it's way down to my cheeks, it's as if there's a running ocean in my eyes, the tears where rushing out and I felt its salty taste on my lips, it runs down to my chest, it's a very hard decision for me, I felt I made the wrong decision; that I should have begged him to let me keep the baby, I ran out of options for so, I picked my phone up to call ayobami, at the fourth ring, he picked.

A: "Hello Lade"

L: "Hi! Good evening...." I greeted nervously, I don't know how to break the news of my pregnancy to him.

A: "What is good about the evening that your husband came to fight with me at my home and bashed me?"

L: "Ooow!" I gasped in shock. "Ayobami am so sorry, I didn't know he is coming to your place, I would have stopped him" I said with a sad tone hoping he would understand.

A: "Hmm okay... and what about the pregnancy? How's it my concern? How am i responsible?" I rolled my eyes at his question.

L: "Ayobami it's your baby, I can't lie about that, it's shameful that am pregnant and not for my husband"

A: What are you saying? I thought you were unable to get pregnant because your womb is damaged? How sure are you that you are pregnant?

L: "We just got back from the hospital few hours ago and the doctor confirmed that am three weeks pregnant."

A: "Okay...even if you are, how am I responsible for it?" He asked

L: "Ayo, am sure it's for you,  it's kind of complicated, I ran out of options that's why I called to let you know, we had sex! What are you even saying?"  I replied with anger swelling up in me.

A: "Yes, we had sex! Just once Lade! Not even up to 15 mins and you claimed you are pregnant for me, thinking I will buy that from you? You are a married woman na!!! Wait if you think because I used to tell you I like you, babe that was then! I got no feelings for you anymore other than being friends!"

To say I'm shock is an understatement, I can't believe my ears, I couldn't bring myself to say anything, I just ended the call and cried till I teared no more. This is not the life I wished for, I thought everything will be fine after all the peace I have in my home for the few weeks and now this? Why am I always in a pitiable situations? Why me? Why me? I asked myself severally.

After several hours of crying, I don't know what to do, I decided to call my mum, I narrated everything to her in details.

"Lade, I supporting you in any decision you made, what do you want?" She asked after sighing.

"I want to ease my pains, I don't want to live like this anymore, I want to wake up and see this is a dream, I want a true and genuine happiness with peaceful life, am I asking too much? I just want to end it all" I replied crying again.

"Pack your bags and come home, I support you, you have been strong for too long and God has rewarded you with a blessing, nobody is taking it away from you, you deserve happiness, sooner than you thought; your bundle of joy and glad tidying is coming, clean your tears because your days of sorrow is over, am waiting for you my child" i felt at ease speaking with my mum, I wiped my tears and bring down my portmanteau and start putting my clothes inside, I prayed silently for divine intervention.

Ayobamiiiiiiii!!!!!!! 😠😠😠😠😠😠 chai💔💔💔 Men are scum! Men are scum! Men are scum!⚔️🗡️🔪

In any situation, support is what one need, irrespective of what has happened, that moment being a confidant and a shoulder to lean on is the best, if everyone turned their back on lade, being an emotional person she is am very sure her only option will be suicide then we began to feel remorseful and feel like turning back the hands of time, there's no point crying over spilled milk as there's no point crying while the head as already been cut off, the best thing is support when you are needed the most, I pray God ease our affairs🙏