In Love

I was shocked or should I say that I was in a trance.

He moved forward looking directly into my eyes. My eyes interlocked with him for some time but couldn't bear the heat of his intense gaze. Ultimately I lowered my gaze and asked him 

"What do you mean"

He put his index finger under my chin and moved my face close to him. 

"Your are such a dainty thing"

Of course I was small at 5-1 and he was more than 6.

" My lord, I will take my leave now"

His face hardened and he asked

"I really need some company tonight. Can you accompany me for dinner."

He was doing it again.

We were in Public and he was so much "touchy, feely" with me.

Is he desperate or am I really worthy of being loved. I asked myself.

"I reside with my aunt my lord, If she permits me for the dinner then I will inform you"

I said and just ran in the opposite direction towards my little house.

Once inside the house I could smell vegetable stew.

My aunt was preparing supper. 

We had a small one room house. Most of our wages were used to pay the rent. These days survival was difficult for us. Aunt had stopped working and I had to manage the rent and other necessities of life. Aunt was terminally ill and we couldn't afford the luxury of a doctor. Rest was the only thing that could give her some peace of mind.

She was looking weak today. 

"Aunt Ophelia let me do the cooking. You can take your rest."

"Dear you work so hard yourself. Its ok if I make supper. This is the least I can do for you." 

She said and started coughing.

" Dear Aunt you are my only family. And I really need your love and support. Please rest. Your body is weak"

I laid her down on the bed and continued with the cooking.

For the next few days I worked hard at the bakery and spent rest of my time with my aunt. She needed me as I needed her.

One evening I brought her flowers.

"Look aunt I brought you some flowers. Aren't they pretty."

My body was towering her and I could feel no activity. She was cold and her heart had an inaudible breath.

She died on the way as I took her to Dr Fernandez on our mule.