Guilt and Pain

Ed's POV

Now that they were gone. I came down from my hideout. I could still remember the boss saying that he would come back for her.

"I would surrender her to none." 

I thought

"She was mine to begin with, I will win her back again."

I had always been with women from saloons and bars. Being the eldest of the three sons of the Duke of Bosch I had many responsibilities. I couldn't afford a woman so I had never been in a relationship. 

At one point my mother wanted me to marry Lady Kathrin but my second brother Lucas took her as his bride. Harry was the youngest of us. After the death of my father he became a son to me.

I loved him more than anyone. When I found about his suicide attempt, I thought I had lost him. It made me extremely mad. I wanted to ruin the woman who had brought my carefree baby brother to the extent of suicide. I wanted my revenge didn't even thinking about the ramifications of my actions.

I left everything my title, my family, my home town just to find Amber. I did my best to destroy her but every time I harmed her i could feel the pain deep inside me. 

The pain and guilt are burning me now completely. I want her to forgive me. I want a new start with her. I want to take her back as my wife in the civilized world before that pirate gets here.

"This time I would do the things right"

Amber's POV

It had been three months since the pirates had left but I could still remember the boss telling me that he would come back for me.

"I would not give myself or my child to any pirate. I would find a way out of this mess"

Ed had warned me about the pirates but I knew he alone could not stop them from taking me and my child. I knew they would kill him as soon as they found about him. 

Though Ed had betrayed me at each and every step of my previous life but it was also him who had jumped after me into the sea, who was stranded on the island with me, who was living unseen in order to honour my wishes, who had tried to warn me when the pirates came here. He had gone as far as sacrificing his life for me when he jumped into the sea. 

Could I forgive him, I asked myself. 

After contemplating my current situation I reached a conclusion. I would give him another chance not for me but for our child. 

It was morning time so I came out of my cave and called him.

"Ed if you can hear me then please come out." 

After a few moments he was out in the open. He came near me, now we were standing face to face. He had considerably tanned due to the hard life of the few months. He still was handsome. I felt uncomfortable but at the same time attracted to him. I just strayed my gaze and told him upright

"I will give you another chance but there are some conditions. Firstly I do not trust you completely yet so you will keep your distance from me. Secondly we will work together to find a way out of the Island".

I stopped for a second and then continued

"I have been surveying the caves behind the waterfall careful enough not to get lost. I have noticed that they lead somewhere to the north of the island. I think that the caves connect with mainland and can lead us to our village but it is still a hunch. "

He nodded and said with pain evident in his eyes

"Amber please forgive me, I am sorry."

I looked at him for a moment and then said

"I forgive you for the betterment of my child. Lets work together to find a way out of the island. It is not safe for us any more. "