Vulnerable

Amber's Pov

My aunt was dead. After the funeral services I locked myself in my room. On the third day I heard my land lord knocking the door. After inquiring about the rent he left. As I was shutting the door I saw Will Scott with Mr Timothy the banker. Will had an evil grin on his face.

He entered my house rudely and informed that my aunt had taken a handsome amount of money (50 gold shillings) from him in my name and he needed the pay back. He shamelessly told me that if I would consider becoming his mistress. He would forget about the money.

I was shocked at his lie but I knew that the banker had sided with him and I can't do anything about the matter. He told me that he would come in the night to get his "first instalment."

As they left I was trembling with anger.

At that moment I remembered the Duke Ed westwick. Can he help me. I had been ignoring him since he asked me out for the dinner. I needed his help now. My sympathisers were all poor like me. They couldn't help me with a big amount like that.

I immediately rushed to the beautiful little cottage. He was playing violin. I could see him through the wide window. He looked at me as I knocked at the window pane and pointed me to the door. I was let in a small but elegantly decorated room. 

He could see that I was devastated. I told him about the meeting with Will Scott. He was patient and kindly listened to each word that came out of my lips. After I finished with my narrative. He took out 200 Shillings and gave them to me. He said that after I used the 100 shillings I still needed more money to take care of the post funeral services and other matters.

I clearly told him that I was borrowing the money and I will return it back as soon as possible.

He embraced me again. This time I couldn't stop the tears coming out of my eyes. He offered me a chair and food. I hadn't eaten since yesterday. I ate the food without any worries for the future. He told me to lie down on the couch as I looked tired. He was an angel in disguise at that moment but alas little I knew, in fact he was an angel of death.

"My death"