Marriage

We rode for hours through the night. At dawn we reached Bosch. It was a beautiful town with lush green fields and cherry blossom trees. There was a very big castle on the top of a hill. Out stallion took us to the gates. As we got off the horse Ed slumped against the ground. He was unconscious. The past few days had drained his energies. 

The guards took us inside the castle. The main hall was elegantly decorated telling about the riches of its owners. An old but beautiful lady rushed towards us. She took Ed's head in her lap. I comforted her.

"My lady he is all right, he is just tired." 

She looked at me and asked 

"Who are you young lady"

I confidently replied 

"I am his fiancee."

My rags were telling another story but Ed's clothes were far worse then mine.

The lady looked at me suspiciously and then told the servants to prepare a room for me. I desperately wanted a hot bath. The maid accompanying me took me to my room and brought hot water for me. She was also carrying an expensive blue gown for me. She helped me with the bath and the dress and told me to come down for supper.

In the dinning room I found Lady Fionna (Ed's mother), Lord Lucas and his wife Kathrin, Lord Harry and his wife Amber. 

Amber was happy to see me there. She hugged me and welcomed me to the family. The brothers were happy for Ed and me. They congratulated me. It was a nice experience to be with a loving family.

Soon Ed joined us for the supper. He was looking better now. He apologised to his family for not being there for the past few months. 

He asked them to arrange a marriage for us on the next day. His mother tried to object for the short time she had for arrangements but he stopped her by kissing her on the cheek. 

"I want a simple marriage nothing lavish, I just want to be with the love of my life." 

Saying that he looked at me with love filled eyes.

It was a long time since I felt butterflies in my stomach.