Seventeen: Bad to good

A tear falls onto my face as I put my phone back into my bag. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Standing up I wipe from underneath my eyes, pulling myself back together. I'm not going to lie, I probably wouldn't be as upset if it weren't my birthday.

My attempt of pulling myself together fails when I walk up to the gate of the pool. Rudy notices and walks quickly my way.

"Ru" I say quietly as he pulls me into a hug. That's when I break. "Hey shh its okay" he soothes, setting his head on top of mine. "On my birthday" I choke out. "I know, he sucks. You've got all of us. We will always be better than those temporary boys" he tells me in a gentle voice.

He pulls out of the hug and places his hands on my shoulders.

"You're gonna pull yourself together and get drunk, sound good?" He half heartedly jokes. I wipe underneath my eyes and take a deep breath in as I nod. "Lets go" he says, bringing an arm around my shoulder.

I open the gate to the pool and all of my girls come running towards me. "Happy birthday!" Madison, Madelyn, Elaine, and Lilah say at the same time, pulling me into a group hug. "Awe I love you guys" I say when I pull away from the girls. "I dont know about you guys but I'm going to start my drinking.." I say, looking down at my bare wrist like its a watch. "Now" I laugh. With that being said I walk over to the cooler and grab a white claw out of it.

"Nice choice" a familiar voice laughs from behind me. I turn around for it to reveal JD. "Why hello stranger" I joke, giving him a side hug. "How have you been?" I ask, taking a sip of my drink. "Pretty good, how's that boyfriend of yours?" He asks me in return. My smile drops. I know he didn't know but its still a fresh cut. "We broke up" I say awkwardly, scratching the back of my head. His hand immediately flys up to his mouth. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know" he says in a panic. "Oh its alright, don't worry about it" I say as I pat his shoulder; walking away from him.

It's been about an hour since I got here and I'm currently relaxing on a lounger next to the pool.

"Viv! Get in!" Rudy shouts from the pool. I pretend to fake yawn. He scrunches his face. "Im kidding! Give me a minute" I tell him. I stand up from the lounger and take the coverup off of my body.

When I step my foot into the pool I'm surprised at how warm it is.

"Finally, its about time the birthday girl joined us" Madelyn teases. I flip her off jokingly. I walk all the way until it hits a little higher than my waist.

I'm taking a sip of my second white claw when I over hear Madelyn whispering something about flowers to Rudy. I just shrug it off.

"Lets play some games shall we?" Rudy pipes up. "Like what" I laugh with my drink touching my lips. "Drink or spill!" Madison recommends. "Bet" I smile.

We all gather in a circle around the pool, except for Lilah. On my right its Rudy and to my left it's Madelyn.

"I'll start it" Rudy says. "Drew, what's the best relationship you've ever had?" Drew thinks for a moment before taking a sip of his drink. "What a loser" I laugh. "Oh really? Vivian, best relationship you've ever had?" The blonde smirks. "Aye you cant do that!" I exclaim, pointing a finger at him. "Sure I can" he says, taking another drink. I tap my finger on my chin before speaking. "This may sound corny but when I was like 7 I had this best friend and I had a crush on him, so thats going to be my answer" I say with a smile, remember the good days. "Ooh we're gonna need the deets on this later" Madison winks.

"Chase! Worst date you've ever been on" I say. "Every single one with Madelyn, nah I'm just kidding. Probably this girl named Emily when I was in like the 10th grade. It was real bad" he says, nudging mads' shoulder.

"Madison. Worst quality in Mariah" Chase says. Madison rolls her eyes before taking a drink.

"JD, who's the person in the cast with the worst character." "Probably Rudy and Vivian because their characters go through hell this season so I'd say theirs" the dark skinned boy tells us. We all nod and make different noises in agreement.

"Vivian, what's your full name?" JD asks me. I scratch the side of my head before answering. "Chistine Vivian Parker" I say, clenching my teeth in a 'yikes' manner. Drew was taking a sip from his drink but slightly choked when I spoke. He looks at me with wide eyes. "Yes?" I laugh. Drew pulls himself up and out of the pool, grabbing a towel and walking out of the pool area.

I hold up a finger at the rest of the confused group. "I'll be right back" I excuse myself. I'm in too much of a hurry and confusion to grab a towel so I just follow him out to where he is.

"What was that about?" I ask, obviously confused. "This has all added up. I know this may seem crazy but when I first met you I couldn't shake the familiarness that you were giving off. But now I know why that was" He says looking shocked. I just stand there, looking up at him and shivering. Yes its warm here in the Bahamas but whenever you just get out of the pool its a different type of cold. Drew throws off the towel from around his shoulders and places it around mine.

"Christine Vivian Parker" he restates. "Yeah, what about it." "You're originally from Tennessee but you moved between North Carolina and there multiple times. Your mom's best friend for years was named Jodi" he says with a smile. I furrow my eyebrows at him. How does he know all of this. That's when it clicks. Joseph. "No..." I say in utter shock. "I'm going to cry. Please tell me you're just a creepy stalker" I laugh, tear welling up in my eyes. He shakes his head, a huge smile on his face. "How" I say quietly, pulling him into a hug. All the memories come flooding back.

"Joseph! Quit!" I laugh, falling to the soft green grass. Quickly after I fell down the bright blonde fell down next to me. "I don't want you to leave Chris" the boy says from next to me. "I don't want to either." "Promise we'll be best friends forever?" I ask him, holding out my pinky. He smiles before linking his with mine. "Promise"

"How is even possible" I say once he drew away from our hug. "I don't even know" he says, with that huge stupid smile on his face. "You know this really is not helping the cause of me not falling for you agin" I admit, covering my face with my hands. "Oh no, you cant say that Viv, you're with Tom" Drew says like a mother. "But I'm not" I quietly say, my head still in my hands. Drews hands come up and move my hands away from my face. With a swift movement out lips have met again but for a real meaning this time.