Ep. 9: The Successor

Iron Man was watching Class 1A in the teachers lounge. He watched all of the classes determination and will to become Avengers.

Iron Man: "Nat. Who do you think it should be?"

Black Widow: "Already? What's wrong?"

Tony sighs and looks at his arc-reactor.

Iron Man: "25 years of Iron Man. It was fun at first, but now...it's worse Nat."

Black Widow: "What do you mean?"

Iron Man: "The poisoning. I can get surgery to save myself, but Banner said I won't be able to be Iron Man anymore."

Black Widow: "Did you tell anyone?"

Iron Man: "My daughter, yeah. She's upset about the while thing. She's coming over to stay with me."

Black Widow: "That's good. Anything else?"

Iron Man looks at Izuku launch Bakugo into the air.

Iron Man: "Yeah. I think I found my successor. (Points to Izuku) Spider-Man."

Black Widow: "Good choice. I'll bring him to the lounge at lunch."

During lunch

Denki: "So, I heard some rumors that you might be our class president Izuku. If it's true you got my vote."

Izuku: "Thanks Denki, but let's keep it fair alright? The others deserve a shot too."

Black Widow: "Izuku. I need you to come with me."

Everyone looked nervous as Izuku follows Nat, turning around to mouth "Help me". The only reassurance he gets is Ochaco giving him a teary-eyed thumbs up, Jiro waving goodbye, and Kaminari saluting him goodbye.

Izuku: "Is this about Gwendolyn? If so then PLEASE GET HER AWAY FROM ME!!"

Black Widow: "No, it's not about Gwendolyn. Why would it be?"

Izuku: "She's promiscuous. And scary!"

Black Widow: "And she's 4'9."

Izuku: "I know."

Black Widow: "I'll see if we can get her to leave you alone a little. For now sit down."

Izuku sits on the sofa. A few minutes later, Tony Stark enters the room.

Tony: "Hey! Glad to see you made it."

Izuku: "It's good to see you sir. Am I in trouble?"

Tony: "No, don't worry. I do want discuss something important with you though."

Izuku: "What's that?"

Tony lifts his shirt, showing the poison the Arc Reactor is giving him. Izuku goes wide eyed seeing it.

Tony: "Sucks doesn't it? Banner says I only have about 8 more months to live

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Tony: "Sucks doesn't it? Banner says I only have about 8 more months to live. Unless I get some surgery to remove the Reactor."

Izuku: "Well that's good. Right?"

Tony: "No it definitely is. Only issue is that once the surgery is done I can never be Iron Man again."

Izuku: "What?"

Tony: "Yeah. So that's why I chose you. Izuku Midoriya, will you be my successor and the next leader of The Avengers?"

Izuku falls over upon hearing what Tony said.

Tony: "Oh shi-!"

*THUD*

Izuku awakens 15 minutes later to Iron Man slapping him.

Tony: "Oh thank God! Thought I lost you there."

Izuku: "Did all that really happen?"

Tony: "Yes it did Izuku. And I need your answer kid."

Izuku: "No."

Tony: "Alright then, Nat will...wait. What?"

Izuku: "There are so many people that could be way better leaders for the Avengers than me sir. I'm sorry, but I do think you should pick someone else."

Tony: "There is no else kid. I've seen every student at this Academy and their will to prove themselves. But most of them are either cocky or their Bakugo. Only a small handful have truly proven themselves. And out of them all, YOU showed what it takes to be a hero! So please, rethink your answer kid. It doesn't have to be now, but I would wish to know before you graduate your 3rd year."

Izuku leaned back thinking about the answer.

Izuku: "I'm gonna need time Mr. Stark. This is a heavy answer."

Tony smiled hearing that he was willing to give it another thought.

Tony: "That's all okay with me kid. Also! Before you go, the Avengers Campus Sports Festival is coming up in a month. Tell everyone in 1A that, and make sure you all train your best."

Izuku: "Thank you Mr. Stark."

Izuku heads to 1A, while Nat and Tony smile at him.

Tony: "Kid's got heart. We made a right choice Nat."

Natasha: "Let's hope so."