Chapter 4

"Well, like I said, we're from the future." Began Lily. "This is Lysander Scamander and I'm Lily Luna Potter." She heard gasps come from the Order and saw looks of shock upon their faces.

"Hang on." Said Sirius. "Shall we call Dumbledore? He probably needs to hear this."

"That's right!" Said Tonks, jumping to her feet, "I'll go get him." Without further ado, she Apparated out of the drawing room.

Several awkward moments later (which involved Lily and Lysander looking at their feet, unsure what to do), Dumbledore appeared with Tonks right behind him.

"Professor!" Exclaimed Mrs Weasley. "Please, take a seat!" She gestured frantically to a large, rather dusty armchair. Then, she bustled out to the kitchen, bringing back a platter of small sandwiches and a pot of tea. Lily smiled to herself, even the younger version of her grandmother was just as kind-hearted.

Lily perched on the edge of an unoccupied dusty old couch. She motioned for Lysander to join her on it, and when he plopped down next to her, a cloud of dust formed, which resulted in the two of them coughing like maniacs while the members of the Order pretended not to hear or see them.

"So." Said Lysander, after their unpleasant encounter with the dust storm, and looked to Lily for confirmation. She gave him an encouraging nod. "As Lily said, I'm Lysander Scamander, and that's Lily Luna Potter. We're from the year 2025." Lysander ignored the flabbergasted expressions of the members of the Order and focused on Dumbledore(whom he had never had the fortune to meet, as he had died at the end of Lysander's mother, Luna's 5th year)'s serene and undisturbed look.

"But . . ." Said a baffled young Ron. "If you're from the future, how on earth could you have gotten to this year?"

Mum is right, Uncle Ron can be very thick skulled sometimes, Lily thought. 

"By a time turner, you blundering oaf! What else?" A young, and past Ginny (Lily's mum) chided. Then she emphasised her point by gesturing obviously at the time turner around Lily's neck.

"Ginny!" Scolded Mrs Weasley, though the corners of her mouth were pointing up. Ginny muttered a barely audible apology, and a puzzled Hermione asked: "So if you came here with a time turner, does that mean they aren't banned in your time?"

"Actually," Explained Lily, "They are. Since Lysander and I are prefects, it was our duty to go to the Room of Lost Things in the Room of Requirement and hide a tampered and possibly dangerous broomstick. On the way back to the door, Lysander found this time turner."

"Does that mean you purposefully used the time turner? Or do they work differently and you didn't have a choice?" Asked Hermione, with a knowing look on her face.

Lily's face burned red with shame; it was she who allowed them to use the time turner, and it was also she who brought them to the Room of Requirement in the first place, after all.

"We didn't realise it went back years instead of hours." Muttered Lily.

"We're really sorry, we didn't mean to, all we wanted to do was go back in time to fix my pop quiz answers. We even had the invisibility cloak with us!" Lysander put forward.

"Invisibility cloak?" Questioned Harry. "So I passed down my invisibility cloak to Lily?"

"Erm . . ." Lily said guiltily, "Actually, it's kind of a long story. To shorten it up, let's just say I borrowed my older brother's invisibility cloak. You passed it down to him."

"So you stole it?" Confirmed Ron, grinning.

"Well," Said Lily defensively, "To be fair, he left it on one of the armchairs in the Gryffindor common room; practically begging for someone to take it."

"Speaking of elder brothers, why don't you continue, Miss Potter?" Implored Dumbledore, who'd clasped the tips of his long fingers together, and had a tranquil expression on his face, "There will certainly be a need to Obliviate and erase everyone's memories after, so you may inform us of anyone and anything that happens in the future to us."

Hai Earthlings!!

So ... How was this chapter? Good? Bad? Meh? Pls give feedback in the comment section!! 

Remember our goal of 65 views and 5 votes? Yup, the one we set last chapter! So, you might be wondering: 'Did we reach our goal?' Well, the answer is . . . partly. We reached 91 views and 4 votes!!! WE GOT 26 MORE VIEWS THAN WE WERE REACHING FOR!!!! Eeeeeek!!! Thank you guys SO MUCH!!! But, we have 1 less vote than we were reaching for. But that's okay!! To reach our goal, make sure to hit the vote button!! For now, let's set a goal of 100 views and 5 votes by the time I put up the next chapter on Friday!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter :) stay tuned for the next chapter, posted on Friday!!

Bai!!

💜lessi xx