08 The Murder

As Na-Yeon and Gyeong-su burst out of the recording room screaming profanities at each other, the others were quite puzzled. Y/n felt a new wave of a headache arriving, watching the two fight for the hundredth time. "I guess I was right after all" Na-Yeon abruptly piped up, scowling at Gyeong-su. The teenagers overlooked the boy staring as blood trickled from his nose. "Gyeong-su..."

"Hey hey, what's wrong with me? Something's wrong" Gyeong-su muttered, gazing at his hands as he wiped off the blood from his nose. "It's not true" Cheong-san says, tears brimming in his eyes. "Come on! Throw him out! Throw him out now!" Na-Yeon began her daily dose of whining, but the students and Ms.Park were extremely startled to listen to the girl. "I'm not... I swear I'm fucking not!" Gyeong-su yelled, shaking with fear as his eyes proceeded to engulf a red tint. "Stay where you are. Stay back"

"Please, stay back" On-Jo whimpers as she moves backward, in fear of getting bit. Gyeong-su stops panicking around, looking at Cheong-san who spilled as many tears as himself. "I've turned, right? Cheong-San what should I do?" Y/n bites her lower lip, unknowingly tears were filling her open eyes too. The reality that a few moments ago she looked after the two boys play around, and now sobbing felt like a stab to her soul. Y/n glanced away, outside the window, trying not to watch whatever happens to Gyeong-su. Not because she doesn't care about the pain he'll suffer, but to ignore the pain of losing a friend like many others had to go through.

"What are you doing? Kick him out. We're all gonna die if not!" Na-Yeon's voice pulls y/n back from her thoughts and forces her to turn back. "I can- I can leave on my own" Declares Gyeong-su, staggering to the door, occasionally hitting himself on the tables. "No- wait Gyeong-su-" Y/n suddenly speaks up, losing control of her body as she grabbed the infected boy's hand. When she swore she won't see him turn, y/n was only deceiving her selfish side. She wanted nothing more than to spend the last moments with her friend. Gyeong-su turned back, smiling at the girl with wet eyes. "There's nothing you can do for me Y/n... But thank you for befriending a loser like me. Thank you" Y/n was pulled back by Ms.Park while Gyeong-su fell to the floor, unconscious.

Gyeong-su turned, he growled at the group with hunger, stumbling around to capture prey. It looked like he was fighting the infection, that was inevitable to his susceptible heart. A familiar tune of Auld Lang Syne rang in the broadcasting room and Gyeong-su turns to Cheong-San, who smiles at the boy and resumed whistling the tune. He was seated on the open window sill, tears no longer streaming as they stained his bloody cheeks. The other boy groaned, cracking his neck as he dashed from his stance. Cheong-San jumped inside through the other window, watching Gyeong-su's body fall outside and run away to the darkened school grounds.

The room was quiet again, but no one was smiling or chatting like a few minutes back. Y/n and Cheong-san were at the windows, looking at the night sky void of stars. Dae-Su was crying rivers next to Joon-Yeong and Wu-Jin who attempted their best to reassure the taller boy. Ji-Min was patting Hyo-Ryung's back as the girl looked too traumatized to speak or respond. "I told you all. He was infected. Well, are you happy now? You were all wrong. Only I was right. What would you even do without me?"

Y/n rolled her eyes, turning around to face Na-Yeon and hopefully shove something up her mouth. However, her bestie beat her to it. Nam-ra rose from her seat standing opposite to Na-Yeon with fierce eyes. "I know you did it" Na-Yeon gives the class President a taken aback expression, and scoffs. "I didn't do anything to Gyeong-su"

"I didn't say anything about Gyeong-su" Everyone's attention was on the two girls, but mostly on not needing another round of the fight. "While we were all watching Gyeong-su, you were alone in the back" Na-Yeon backs up a little as the others seemed to keep their attention on her. "You wiped that blood with your handkerchief. And wiped that on the scratches on Gyeong-su's hand" Nam-ra stated in her calm voice, gesturing to the mop Su-Hyeok used to stab a zombie, although she was angered at the other girl's actions. "I did not!" Na-Yeon shouts with an erratic voice, almost shuddering with panic. Y/n moves to the mop and takes it in her hands and shows it to the group. "The blood is smudged here" Cheong-san eyes the bloody mop for a second, turning to Na-Yeon and Nam-ra with an indistinct expression.