13 The President

"Where were you guys?!" Dae-Su's voice asks loudly as the group burst inside the music room. Cheong-san doesn't respond, running his eyes around in surprise that they actually managed to stay alive. "Where's On-Jo?" He inquires back, whisking to the girl as soon as he saw her. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? How did you guys know we were here?!" Cheong-san hurriedly questions, holding On-Jo by her forearms. "I told you not to go. Why won't you ever listen to me?!" The furious girl shouts back, not answering his questions.

"Save the lovers quarrel for later, we have to get out of here" Joon-Yeong steps in, pointing at the still open door. "We have to get to the rooftop before the music ends- wait where's y/n?" Wu-Jin speaks up, giving Cheong-san a questioning face. "Su-Hyeok's gone too" On-Jo adds in, letting a curtain of worry fall over the group again. However thankfully the said boy burst through the door, with Nam-ra on his side who no one noticed was missing. Not long after y/n also runs in, shutting the door.

But their happiness only lasts a mere second, as a hoard of zombies rush to the room as the music abruptly ends. "Hurry! The curtains!" Unlike the other classrooms the music room had wine-red curtains on the windows that hid the students' view from the flesh craving zombies. The screeching voices of the infected lowered with the unexpected blindness. "We're trapped again aren't we?" Hyo-Ryung spoke with utter disappointment as she sadly gazed at the glistening floor.

"Hey Idiot, you okay?" Y/n asks, nudging her elbow at the taller boy. Wu-Jin sighs, smacking the girl on her head and pinching her ear at the same time. "If you ever get out of my sight again, you'll be the first one i bite when i become a zombie. Get that?" Y/n smiles gleefully, a patch of blood testing on her right cheek like a blush. "Ouch- Yeah, i love you to Wu" The teenager rolls his eyes, but a smile is present narrowly. He side hugs the girl, smacking her head for a second time.

"Hey. Hey, Nam-ra. What happened to your arm? That's a bite mark, isn't it?" Someone suddenly points out, directing everyone's attention to the class President's arm. Su-hyeok immediately moves to protect Nam-ra, standing in front of her. Cheong-san without a minutes hesitation, picks up a music sheet stand and threatens the stoic girl. "No, that's not it" Bare-su argues, but Nam-ra's blank expression only frightened the rest.

"That's not it, asshоlе. Tell him. You weren't bitten by a zombie. Say something. Gwi-nam. He bit her. It wasn't zombies" Su-Hyeok assures, but Cheong-san does not budge, but stiffens in surprise. "What? Yoon Gwi-nam?" Su-Hyeok nods agreeing. "Gwi-nam was bitten. Y/n and i saw when we were out there!"

"Gwi-nam wasn't a zombie. He wasn't. He literally talked to me. You saw him. He wasn't a zombie at all" Su-Hyeok confidently announces, swiveling his head to ask Nam-ra who as usual stood silent. "Y/n fought him- wait what happened to him?" Bare-su added as the shooter scratches her head, being yanked inside the drama by both of her friends. "Look, Let's be rational here. Su-Hyeok, it is true that we saw Gwi-nam getting bitten, but Cheong-san, it's also true that we fought and talked with Gwi-nam. Maybe he's immune- so that means Nam-ra-"

"If I'm gonna be a zombie, so be it. Thankyou Y/n and Su-Hyeok" Nam-ra finally spoke up, staring at the two mentioned teenagers and sending a hidden scowl to Cheong-san. The boy stilll does not lower the music stand as y/n strides forward and places a hand on it. "If she was infected, it's way past the activation time of the virus. Like Mr. Kang, Minji and I-Sak. So drop it" Cheong-san looks at the girl shortly, enough to see she had a burning glare, half of her face indulged in a dark expression. Of course, he tried to attack Nam-ra, no one should be surprised if the girl had killed him right then.

Su-Hyeok suddenly bends down and tears a piece of cloth from the red curtains and began to tie his and the class President's hands together. "You see? If she turns in to a zombie, I'll throw her out of the window, so she won't attack any of you. So back off" Cheong-san attempts to talk back, but the persistent boy stood his ground. He pulled two chairs away and placed them before the farthest window and both of them sat down facing it. If the situation was normal, y/n would've remarked that they were doing some sort of occult ritual.

Cheong-san drops the stand eventually, a few shades of pink tinting his hands. "She's bitten, those assholes" Furiously muttered Cheong-san, taking a seat on the spread out chairs. Y/n rolls her eyes, sitting on the floor rather than with anyone, but kept an eye on the silently conversing couple. On-Jo and Cheong-san's slightly anger-ridden conversation, occured behind her, but sbe paid no mind. It wasnt long before she saw the cold-hearted class president kissing the dumb but strong student. Y/n shook her head with an inaudible laugh, almost eerie considering the circumstance while crossing her legs and playing with her almost empty gun.

It wasn't too long before the next argument broke out, as Nam-ra was seen almost biting Su-Hyeok. Therefore y/n had shifted her seating beside the two to prevent anything. Not that she thinks Nam-ra would do something, but that she knows. "If Gwi-nam was immune, so that means his body have the virus but the kind that's active according to his body coordinations or it has something to do with our brains' functioning, that's probably why Nam-ra's fine but has begun to show symptoms- Gwi-nam bit knowing that she would turn into a zombie but his shit back fired"

"You do realise you're talking out loud Y/n?" Nam-ra asks, side-eyeing the girl sitting behind them both. "Huh? I did?" Su-Hyeok also turns back, nodding his, but raises a question alongside his confused expression. "Hey, when both us ran back then, what happened to Gwi-nam?"

Y/n audibly chuckled, recalling her conversation and how the bully had rejected her invitation rather dramatically. "I pushed him out of the window, but i doubt he's dead since he's infected" Both students heave a sigh, smiling lightly at the short-haired girl. "Y/n! Can you open this door? I think the food from PTA is supposed to be here" Dae-Su's desperate voice calls out as the female nodded her head. "Copy that captain" She stands up and waddle to the supply room, placing her left ear on it. "Weird, the supply room's never locked" The others share a look between themselves.

"Bring that stool" With almost three hits the round door knob fell to the floor, the door clicking open. Dae-Su smiled in relief, but frowns when y/n gave him the stool. "Stay here, i think there's someone inside"

Everyone's face morphed to concern and fear, as the girl advanced inside the room, slowly closing the door behind her. The room was indeed filled with stacks of food and drinks, neatly positioned on the iron racks. Two sets of enormous drums were also placed on the floor, a few inches away from the window. Y/n wasn't blind, she was just short. The obvious silhouette of a girl was seen on the white portions of the instrument. The gun was carelessly hanging on her fingers as previously consumed snacks' plastic wrappers scrunched under her feet.

She stood directly before the window, as whoever was sitting inside could see her. "Out of anyone inside this school, it had to be you huh? Nayeon" The female shuddered at the shooter's tone, sobbing quietly. Y/n positions the frigid barrel of gun on her head as the long-haired girl flinched in fear. "Cheong-San's kinda disappointed with me right now, imagine how pleased he would be if i dragged you out of here? Besides, he doesn't hesitate to kill anyone now" Y/n states with a taunting grin, tilting her head to the side.

"Please- please don't kill me. I'm so sorry" Na-yeon cries in panic, placing her palms in a praying manner. Y/n sighs loudly, standing up to her feat and taking a whole back of cream buns and and a stack of Dae-Su's favourite soda. "Cheong-san might be all about revenge, but I'm not him, i want to be a police officer and that comes from manner, justice and kindness"

"We'll soon be taking off to the rooftop, you can follow us quietly and we can hopefully resolve all this. But still, you're a murderer"

With that, the shooter departs the room. "There's a zombie in there, i didn't kill it. So I suggest none of you go inside" Though everyone nodded, too busy drowning in happiness at the sight of bread and drinks. "Who's in there n/n?" Wu-Jin asks quietly, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder. Of course Wu-Jin can read this girl like a magazine thanks to year's of practice. "An isolated, mentally depressed and partially volatile homosapien- Dae-Su i want the chocolate flavour!"

And so a small event of joy was passed out to the group in the form of bread and soda. Though Nam-ra had a bit more difficulty eating the so called joy, Y/n and Su-Hyeok had shoved it down her throat, trying to give her some stamina. Nonetheless, the group should've accepted that fact that happiness wouldn't come effortlessly, particularly when they were in an outbreak. Losses are granted here, double the amount of sadness.

"You guys hear that?"