𝟎𝟔

not proofread

CHAPTER 6:  LA TRAVIATA

CHAPTER 6: LA TRAVIATA

ANGEL WOKE TO A NUMB FEELING CRAWLING BENEATH her skin

ANGEL WOKE TO A NUMB FEELING CRAWLING BENEATH her skin. she sat up so quick that her head started to throb. a whine escaping her lips as she leans back down into the bed, hands massaging her temples to ease the headache.

"you can't do anything right. not even sit up."

her irises gloss around the room in search for the voice, its volume felt too real to be an imagination. but there is no one there; just a cold breeze that ran chills up her exposed skin. angel has yet to remember the night of bloodshed, lurking behind gray walls.

"stupid child."

they're so loud. unlike before, these voices were mere whispers to the foxㅡ able to breeze past them without batting an eye. albeit there are times she has been overwhelmed by how they'd overlap each other. now, their words were digging sharp wounds into her heart. not giving her a chance to silence them.

"forgotten already? of course you have. not like that brain of yours can store much anyway."

angel's eyes started to water as she buries her head under a pillow, knees pressing to her chest; beginning to crawl into a ball in an attempt to escape their commentary. but they weren't going away, only growing louder every time she tries to muffle them.

although, if it weren't for the voices she wouldn't have remembered the crimson that stained her skin, an aggravating pain from within that pinched her insidesㅡ feeling like she had swallowed a cactus.

and how could she forget? dottore's bloody eyes from behind the glass, just watching idly as screams rip out of her throat.

the fox's ears flattened and with shaky hands, she creates crimson crescents in her palm from the way she's been clenching them.

dottore has lied just like them. used her just like them.

and so, throughout the course of the following week, angel has been avoiding the doctor. pretending that his existence has ceased. that he wouldn't just knock on her door with a cheerful tone, irking her to unwanted luxuries.