𝟎𝟗.𝟓

not proofread

CHAPTER 9 (PART 2): TEST ME

OH, HOW BEAUTIFUL THE ZAPOLYARNY PALACE IS

OH, HOW BEAUTIFUL THE ZAPOLYARNY PALACE IS. intricate details on the walls that reflected iridescent flickering of light. its enchanting aura added a mystical element of purity inside the palace, a gentle wisp of the cold breeze began to sing down the halls. ceilings scarily so high up that the deeper you walk inside, the smaller you getㅡ chandeliers, made of diamonds, hang from the top as glittering snow seem to make their way down.

scaramouche has bid his farewell. finally ridding himself of the two. he didn't want to have to spend his entire evening listening to their sickening intimacy. of course, he couldn't miss the way angel's ears flattened, lips pouting ever so slightlyㅡ she has never been one to hide her emotions. perhaps his non existent heart skipped a beat. the fact that someone has come to enjoy this unapproachable presence.

"do i know the new harbinger?" the vixen appears in front of dottore, walking backwards to look at his masked eyes. albeit she does struggle against his long strides, opting to just following him by his side. "are they tall? have they been to sumeru?" she continues.

dottore dumbfounds, "no, dear. i believe that you have yet to meet him. yes, he is tall. i am not aware of his travels, he does not work under my wing."

"a he!"

if it weren't for his mask, the twitch of his eye would have been visible. dottore did not need any more fury boiling through his bloodstream. not when he is in the property of the beloved Tsaritsa. slowly exhaling, he wraps an arm around her waist to pull her closer to him, "remember what i said?"

"i am to not separate from you" angel looks up at him with eyes that have no intentions to go against him. "oh, but in a situation that i do.. accidentally get lost" she gasps when his grip only tightened, easily bruising her fragile skin and leaving a mark. albeit dottore explains nothing, his silence was ironically loud enough to be a message angel has deciphered.