𝟎𝟗

not proofread

CHAPTER 9 (PART 1): FRENEMY

WARNING:
child neglect. mention of child experimentation.

MAY IT BE A THEORY OR A HYPOTHESIS, DOTTORE IS never wrong. his aggressive approach on angel was all it took for her to return to a state of delirium. the only thing that fogged what is left of her sanity was dottore.

the night she slurred genuine words of affection, is the night her obsession only lengthened. to the point it helped with deafening the nagging voices that followed. angel has not returned to a state of disobedience ever again; taking orders from him with no hesitance.

the doctor entertained her pitiful state, such as playing along with her sappy demeanor; responsive to how needy she has been for any sort of intimacy. be it holding hands or gentle kisses on the forehead.

dottore wouldn't like to say this out loud to anyone but he feels troubled of her approach. angel's devotion to him boosted his unimaginable ego yet receiving an overly amount of endearment... frankly left a bitter taste on his tongue.

oh, how he should have realized sooner.

"angel weakens you, doctor" pierro moves the white knight to take the queen. his blank expression that dottore could only envy, as he gritted his teeth in response to the jester.

the urge to argue with pierro's statement burned into a blazing fire, but dottore could not let this engulf him. "what makes you say that?" he clears his throat, examining the chess board in front of him. having completely been blinded by his thoughts that he has missed the rook that could end the game in checkmate, his loss.

"you still have your wits," pierro looks up from the board to look at the other harbinger, "you have not lost anything."