𝟏𝟓

not proofread (will include mistakes)

CHAPTER 15: NOT LIKE THE OTHER

dragonspine is nothing but unending sheer cold. no wonder only the bravest of the brave ever step foot at such a place. even the path to dragonspine was thriving in danger, wild hilichurls attacking and charging here and there. fortunately, no fatui encounters just yet.

lumine wore a jacket to combat the weather whilst paimon wrapped a scarf around herself. however, due to angel's familiarity with such harsh conditions, she did nothing against the cold. feeling some comfort at the snow that gently fall onto her hair and skin.

"are you sure you're not cold?" paimon asks, extremely worried for angel. although she showed zero signs of reacting to the cold, who wouldn't get scared for someone's safetyㅡ especially in dragonspine!

"i'm fine" the vixen said for the 'nth time.

lumine lifted her hand as a sword appears right at her palm, prepared to defend against any enemies that would jump out. and angel watches in awe her swift maneuvers with the blade, not an ounce of flaw in her body language.

she would always just watch in the side lines at how articulate the traveler's skill with the sword is. every slice and thrust of its silvery blade to perfect accuracy. lumine is trained. a skilled fighter.

"albedo should surely be at his place"

"he lives in dragonspine?"

paimon shrugs, "he comes here so often, he should just live here! but no, albedo does not live in dragonspine last time we checked?"

"he does have a setup for his research here" lumine wipes off the cold sweat from her forehead, chest heaving at the amount of energy exerted. so much envy has built up within angel at this point, it hasn't even been a full day yet.

"let's hurry! paimon can feel her fingers freezing" paimon cries.

and so, they safely travel to their friend's campsite for a welcome and warmth. during their walk, angel still couldn't get the image of lumine outside of her head. she has seen combat before! watching dottore train with his new inventions and suchㅡ but there's something about lumine's expertise that magnetize angel.