30

warning: this chapter contains slight amount of graphical content which might be uncomfortable for some readers ⚠

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

sanzu floundered on his bed, staring at the ceiling with his lips parted, eyes sore.

he was worn out, everything felt so throttling and complicated. in all probability, days back when he habituated to get pleasure from remorseless bloodshed and fucking whoever the fuck he wants was better than this. scratch that, it was amazing. at least he wouldn't be so scared, so cautious about his surroundings all the time without a reason.

just summoning what happened back in the office room to his mind gave him the chills.

an hour ago

"stay away from y/n"

sanzu blinked his eyes, staring at mikey while standing far from him although the silver haired male gestured his hand towards the seat, telling him to sit.

"n-no I'm okay-'

"I said sit" mikey lowered his tone, sounding irritated.

the mere mention of your name turned the atmosphere dreadful. mikey's facial expression changed into a bitter one, that same apathetic tone with the same cold-blooded eyes. sanzu missed that seconds lasting affection however he was in no position to complain. what he did was obey the male and sit down on his previous spot, maintaining distance with the male while avoiding eye contact.

those black eyes were so menacing without even doing anything, it was outrageous.

"I don't mean to scare you haru. I'm not even the one you should be-..." mikey paused, staring right into the pink mullet's eyes. sanzu noticed that slight amount of uncertainty in mikey's eyes. he has never seen his beloved boss like that. "scared of"

okay now mikey has to be joking. sanzu should not be scared of him? is there really anyone worth being scared of besides him? no, there can't be anyone. only sano manjiro held the authority to make a lunatic like sanzu terrorized. but unsure of what mikey meant, he hastily asked. "w-what do you mean?"

"you should be scared of y/n"

the way mikey uttered those words while looking oh so sincerely right into the blue eyes of the pink mullet sent shivers down his spine. maybe, just maybe mikey was being honest right now. something about those words didn't feel deceiving.

"huh?"

"you know at some point, I actually thought you were hitting on my y/n"

sanzu almost choked on air, so many confessions were coming his way and man wasn't an ounce bit ready for it. so mikey actually suspects wait... he suspected him? but not anymore? something wasn't sitting right.