SS 2 Arisu- The Fallen queen's Checkmate

Arisu's POV:

C h e c k

and 

M a t e

The black and white of the board and life, follow the same principle...we play countless games of chess every day with fate. Some we win, most we don't. Some accept the loss, others fight it. 

I Arisu Sakayanagi, never accept a loss...I may be what most consider a bad player, at least in sportsmanship.  But, in the game of life, there are no rules....only checkmates. 

"Hey loli, how does it feel to win, not just to Class A...but against Katsuragi?"

I gripped the cane tighter signifying my dislike of the name she used to call me. Masumi Kamuro is what one would call a bishop. She was an important piece, even if she tried to poison the concoction I created...her reward for that will be served in due time. 

With this win in the recent exam, our position as Class A has been sealed. But I still lost to one person...Kiyotaka Ayanokouji. It was a subtle defeat....not one affecting our classes in the slightest. Joining hands with Hiyori who manipulated both Ryueen and Katsuragi into the deal they had managed to reach the desired outcome., provided it be a win.....yet a loss to him.

'Fufu, so you want me to stay in the class competition for a while?'

'You heard me Sakayanagi-san, and in return, I will keep Ryueen away from any confrontation with your class'

'Hiyori, while that sounds quite enticing...I presume you realised I am better than Ryueen and can crush him. Hence why even put forward such a meaningless proposal'

'While I know that's true and it's exactly why I want to keep you from stepping in and competing.....Given that Katsuragi-san is still the leader of your class. I can predict that it will take some time to remove him.....and get the title for yourself. Keeping Ryueen at bay is a plus.'

'So you are simply keeping a knight away while I checkmate the king.....I see. Very well...but...you will return this, with another favour, free of cost'

'May I know, what that favour is?'

'Non participation in 1 Class event.'

'Alright I agree'

'Fufu, pleasure doing this with you.'

She could be a potential Rook...but for now, she is a threatening piece. Who knew?... That a library encounter would be that eventful.