Too Easy

When we got to the Capitol they started by cleaning every inch of my body.

They even gave me a new hairstyle with blue streaks, the color of my eyes. My own idea.

I was given a shave and the scar across my eye became more noticeable but looked more rugged.

Later I was met with a boy named Quell who was going to design my outfit for the chariot ride. He couldn't have been older than fourteen.

"Dang boy!" Quell exclaims "You're gonna steal all my girls! They better not see you."

He reaches out and feels my arms. "You workout!" He asks in amazement.

I nod "Something like that."

"So, what were you thinking?" Quell asked as he eyes me up and down "You're from District 14 and I know the only thing on your mind right now is all the girls but I need you to focus and-"

"I want a trench coat with a hood" I interrupt "And a gas mask with black pants, belts, and boots. Can you do that?"

His eyes are wide before he grins "Oh the people are gonna love you!" He laughs a little "Boy, every girl in the Capitol is going to be asking if you're single." He chuckles.

I hesitate then say "I'm sixteen, doesn't that make a difference"

His eyes almost pop. "Good grief! You gonna be the next poster on my sister's wall! Let me go make your outfit and then you'll be the star of the show!"

Quell leaves and Darla takes his place.

"Well, Quell seems excited and-Whoa ho ho!" She gasps, as she looks me up and down. "You're-you're" She stutters.

"Single is the word Quell described it." I explain.

She grins "I should hope so! That's going to help you win no doubt!"

The night falls and soon my outfit is ready.

It's more comfortable than I had anticipated but looked like how I imagined. He added finger less gloves and more details but I suppose that's his job.

"Hop on the chariot" Darla says.

Axir offers to help me but I'm not a kid. I climb in myself and hold the reins of the horse.

"Oh hey!" Quell says to get my attention.

I look over at him and he claps his hands together.

"Clap your hands together really really hard when you get halfway down." He says before thumbing me up.

I nod and watch as other teens get into the chariot and start their ride down the road.

I was behind a chariot that had a girl and boy in it.

They were dressed in black and must be from the coal district.

The girl glanced back at me and looked nervous and confused. I stare back at her until she looks away.

Everyone had a partner and I had myself. How crammed it must be in their chariots.

My horse finally starts to move but that's when I see the coal district in front of me light up in fire. My eyes go wide but they seem perfectly calm. They really are cool!

Everyone cheers for the fire and throws things like hats and roses at them.

When I'm finally in sight the crowd screams and I can pick out that most of teh screams are from girls.

"Marry me!" Was yelled a lot.

A lot of the teenagers in chariots look back to see who they're yelling at.